1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Plant finally open to a Zeppelin reunion tour?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rcoleman15, Feb 19, 2013.

1. rcoleman15

rcoleman15 Contributing Member

He seems to be finally open to it hinting that he has nothing to do in 2014 and says the ball is in Page's and Jone's court now.... so to speak.

Link:
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/robert-plant-hints-hed-be-open-to-led-zeppelin-reunion-20130218

2. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Plant has always used being "busy" as part of the excuse. The other excuse was he didn't want to "tour like a bunch of bored old men following the Rolling Stones around". I don't think Plant ever liked the idea of doing a nostalgia tour that revisited the past.

So, this is an interesting development. I don't think I would pay to see it but I'm sure it would sell out whereever it goes. I don't see the point in them trying to resurrect the past after so long except for it just being a money grab. Seems like they may try to do some new music or something to keep it interesting for themselves?

I still kind of wish they would leave it alone in the past.

3. updawg

updawg Member

He's been playing occasionally here in Austin since he's lives here. Hopefully I'll catch a show sometime

4. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

After listening to the 2007 live tour cd, I would definitely welcome another show from these guys.

They might be a bit too old for it now though..

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Too bad the soul of Zep is still dead.

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I actually like reunion tours with the caveat that they only have original members. Obviously, that's not possible for Zeppelin, but having Bonham's son (who is actually a tremendous drummer) is close enough for me.

Also, reunion tours have a little more cache if it's just a one-time deal. Don't be like KISS and keep touring 15 years later with only half of your original members.

7. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Or like Foreigner, with only Mick Jones left.

8. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I hope they do it.