1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

RoadRunner Cable Internet

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by HtownRocks, Dec 28, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Fatty FatBastard

:D :p :p

2. Fatty FatBastard

oops, that didn't come right at all, did it? Oh well..

3. Faos

Faos Member

Have you heard the radio commercials that tout that RoadRunner is now "50% faster"?

Faster than what? I haven't noticed any huge changes but I haven't really checked scientifically.

4. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

They must be meaning the actual animal.

And ffb is a b**** ho.

5. Fatty FatBastard

Shut up, cracker.;)

6. HtownRocks

HtownRocks Member

$30 bucks a month.. geeze, Im not sure if I can afford that along with all my other bills. I dont even have a car/insurance yet. That alone will eat up the rest of my money.

7. ragingFire

ragingFire Contributing Member

$30 for RR must be a promotional rate.
    I am paying $45/ month. I used to pay $40 when I also had cable TV with TimeWarner.

I just talked to a friend with DSL and he said he likes his service and he is paying $27. While DSL is a bit slower, it should be plenty good. My friend said people used to have problem with DSL but the technolgy has gotten better. I think I''ll switch.

BTW, for some confused folks, DSL is NOT 56K dial-up, and that costs $22/ month already.

8. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I would definetly go with cable. I had DSL with Swbell for a year because I was locked into a contract, and I am sooo glad to be out of that. Not only was it more expensive than cable, but the speeds sucked.

I got my cable through earthlink, just because they had cheaper rates that going directly to timewarner. The first 3 months were $19.95, then every month after that is $39.95. And the thing that really makes cable better than DSL: You never have to sign a contract! You can get out of it at anytime..

9. Vengeance

Vengeance Member

Yeah, I'd go with Cable over DSL too -- my folks have had DSL since it was VERY FIRST offered by SBC about five years ago. It's very fast, but the problem they've had is more of a service problem. Every once in a while, the DSL will just go down for a few hours. It's not a problem on our end, but on SBC's. Then, they switched the protocol from DHCP to PPPoE but didn't' tell us, so we were without internet for 3 days until I figured out what had happened. Eventually I got ahold of someone at SBC who explained why they changed it (that's a LONG story). SBC's been crap for service for the whole five years my folks have had DSL. I don't think I would ever take DSL over cable. Although I don't have to worry about that now that I'm connected to a T3 :)

10. A-Train

A-Train Member

Don't you need to have digital cable to get cable internet?

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Or shouldn't we call Mr. Mooch "matzah?" :rolleyes: Sorry.

12. MoBalls

MoBalls Member

I love my RR Internet. I dont think I could ever go back to dial-up. It is my backup, but I have never had to use it.

13. PieEatinFattie

How could you even CONSIDER going back to dial up after having Cable or DSL. They are both sooo much faster than dial up that it would be like having to ride a bike to work after driving a car. I have paid as much as $60 a month for cable modem access. I couldn't imagine trying to play any online games or downloading anything over a meg with dial up. When I go out of town I make sure that the hotel I'm staying at has high speed access in the room or I won't go. BTW, I have had both RR and Comcast and both have worked equally well.

14. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Nope, I don't even have cable, I've got sattelite.

15. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

Well damn, that's another idea for my new name.

To DallasThomas:

I came across this the other day and it reminded me of you. :D

(Might need to right click, save as)

16. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Member

that MIGHT have worked, if only I hadn't seen it first! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

There will be none of that, thank you very much. no DIB for me.