1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rich New Yorkers moving to Texas (Houston):update: Rich Canadians too! GOD'S PLAN

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, May 4, 2021.

?

The Migration to Texas

1. Just a lil bit

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. Many Men

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I'm working on the road. I was in Cedar Rapids, Iowa a couple of weeks ago. I wasn't up there for this but a year or so ago they got hit by a storm called a derencho. I had never heard of it but it causes up to 140 mph winds.

Anyway there are still contractors there for repair and it's noticable a lot are from Texas. Our work ethic reputation and money chasing through work reputation is very real

tinman likes this.
  2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

There isn't prevelant shtick in every one ofHerrera's threads?

Can't believe you fixed your hand to type that. It isn't about shtick as much as it's about the same damn thing. Trump

I'll give him credit he slowed down now that Trump isn't in office

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Texans love 50 and 50 loves Texas .
    Plus he is being taxed like crazy so he wants to be in the place where he afford going to the club

pgabriel likes this.
  4. tinman

Supporting Member

Man you popping smoke

50!

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

deserves its own thread

tinman likes this.
  6. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Does this mean Les is moving back and taking over the team?

tinman likes this.
  7. tinman

Supporting Member

No because he lives in Florida which has no state taxes and is cheaper than Texas
    @Reeko
    @Os Trigonum @DaDakota

mikol13 likes this.
  8. tinman

Supporting Member

You inspire me
    Thanks for always supporting the original members and the greatest Rockets fans of all time
    We love you
    @Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum likes this.
  9. tinman

Supporting Member

You know who hates this thread?
    People still living in the East Coast and paying lots of taxes
    [​IMG]

SuraGotMadHops likes this.
  10. tinman

Supporting Member

@FranchiseBlade

Welcome to H Town !!

https://houston.culturemap.com/news...t-houston-moving-astrodome-twitter-5-reasons/

5 reasons why ballin' rap superstar 50 Cent moved to Houston

Lower taxes
    Last October, Jackson ranted on Instagram about then-presidential candidate Joe Biden's proposed tax plan, sharing a screenshot from a news broadcast claiming Biden wanted to raise taxes in NYC by 62 percent.

"WHAT THE F---! (VOTE ForTRUMP) IM OUT," read Jackson's Instagram caption. "F--- NEW YORK The KNICKS never win anyway."

He wants to get closer to the local hip-hop action
    Since Travis Scott announced last week that his Astroworld Festival will be happening later this year, 50 could be one of the many artists La Flame might call on to perform. And considering how Houston is still a hotbed of hip-hop talent, where we have legends like Bun B and Paul Wall and rising stars like Don Toliver, it would make so much sense if Jackson announced that he's looking for fresh-faced talent around these parts.

His cognac
    This one might be a long shot, but we do remember when 50 was going to all the Houston liquor stores, showing off Branson Cognac, the luxury-spirit brand he owns?

Perhaps he sees Houston as a prime location for celebrity alcohol drinkers, especially those who love sipping on some expensive yak from a rapper. Hopefully, Jackson will start hitting clubs and bars soon, dispensing his cognac like the candy man from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

Three words: Megan Thee Stallion
    We would not be surprised one bit if Jackson moved to H-Town just to get closer to the sexy "Savage" rapper. And since she recently announced she's taking some time off, there is a strong possibility 50 might use this time to, if not collaborate with her on something, then seriously get his woo on.

One word: Lizzo
    We also wouldn't put it past him to go after the Houston-raised rapper/singer/flautist. Dude might've saw that provocative selfie she posted on Instagram and thought now might be a good time to head to Texas and start house-hunting.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

What I find humorous is how everyone here is completely suckered by the media (ALL MEDIA). Because I'm smarter than most and understand how the ratings/TV system works, It's all about making money.
    Money and Resources are what humans have been after for hundreds of years.

Let me give you an analogy, the Dallas Cowboys suck. They haven't made it to the Super Bowl since Hakeem won us 2 titles, yet they are the MOST VALUABLE AND PROFITABLE TEAM in the NFL.

Why? The Media KEEPS TALKING ABOUT THEM. It DOES NOT MATTER THE OPINION.

So when I see super suckers here, posting TV SHOWS (that's what they are, not 'news') over and over again.
    Then suddenly they get shocked that the show is EVEN MORE POPULAR, they don't realize they are making it more popular!

Look at Clutchfans. I've posted that the 99ers are the greatest posters thousands of times.
    Now it's ingrained in the ethos of all members of Clutchfans.

@Space Ghost

@Os Trigonum

12. tinman

Supporting Member

He was hinting about this for awhile
    I'm not surprised you forget about the love
    Houston and Texas loves hip hop

New York can keep Tekashi69

13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I read that twice and maybe you are “smart” because I don’t think I really wtf you’re talking about. I do know there have been some extremely intelligent people here though years past and now.

and I barley have an opinion on 50 Cent. But ok sure.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

You think these 'smart' people understand how media and corporations work?
    Do these 'smart' people know that corporations really run the country and control interest groups in DC?
    Do these 'smart' people think outside 'American politics'?
    Do these 'smart' people have any knowledge of cultural differences as well as artistic differences?
    Do these 'smart' people understand the influence of pop culture and it's ties to corporations and long term marketing?
    Do these 'smart' people understand the Rockets are tanking to get the 1 pick?
    @rocketsjudoka

DonatelloLimestone likes this.
  15. dmoneybangbang

Retired culture warriors needs a new hobby.....

16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Start spreading the news..

ryan_98 and tinman like this.
  17. tinman

Supporting Member

50 cent is a rapper
    But also it’s more than the amount you are contributing to Clutchfans
    @J.R. @Os Trigonum

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Yes I do think some people on this site know that and/or more than you or I do to whatever extent what you said in this post is true or not.

You sure seem like you are insinuating that you are smarter than everyone here. And/or the Rockets fan base that consists in this part of the BBS are plain stupid.

what books are you reading right now Tinman? I’m currently reading Psychology of Money and Sapiens(amazing book btw)

19. tinman

Supporting Member

Chariot of the Gods
    By
    Erich von Däniken

20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I've heard of that. I will try to check it out sometime. Read Sapiens I've told about 10 people to read it already.

tinman likes this.