1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rice hoops

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by JeeberD, Jan 7, 2005.

1. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

I thought you guys were supposed to be good in hoops this year... :p

96-67

2. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Congrats on the win. Rice has historically been the worst team in D-1A on the road. They proved it again tonight.

Oh by the way, sorry you lost your coach to A&M. Enjoy Gillespie's recruits while you still can.

3. JeeberD

Doc Sadler can recruit his ass off, so I'm not too worried about that aspect. He got some really good guys in here during the late signing period when Galindo and Almonte backed out after BG defected.

You know, I hope you guys kick butt the rest of the way (except for when we meet up again). We new members of CUSA really need to stick together...

4. JeeberD

Much better game out of you guys this time around. I was in the area for a wedding so I went to the game and had a blast. The only thing is that you guys need to get some AC for that high school gym you play in. It was sweltering in that SOB...

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

UTEP's a very underrated basketball school. I remember growing up loving to watch games televised from El Paso, Las Cruces or Albuquerque. Great fans in that part of the country.

What conference are they going to be in next year?

6. JeeberD

We're going to be in CUSA next year, along with current conference mates Rice, SMU, and Tulsa.

Yeah, El Pasoans are very passionate about their basketball. I haven't been to a game at the Don Haskins Center in about seven years and I really miss it. A great environment to catch a game... :)

7. JeeberD

Round three is tonight in Reno. The winner of this game is likely to win the tournament since Nevada got knocked out last night by Boise.

Rice (and Harris in particular) has been very hot as of late, so this game has me kinda worried. But we've done a great job of doubling down on Harris in the first two games and keeping him out of the game, so hopefully we'll be able to do it again.

Good luck tonight, but I hope the Miners win! :)

8. JeeberD

Not that anyone apparently cares, but good game tonight. Omar Thomas took over in the second half (just like he did in the game in Houston) and carried the Miners to a win. I'm sure the Owls will represent the WAC well in the NIT... :)

9. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Is it time for Willis Wilson to go?

Not that they would be able to get a decent coach to come in and coach in that sh!tbox they call a gym.

10. wrath_of_khan

wrath_of_khan Contributing Member

I'd like to publicly thank Rice for completing my 3 team parlay while I was in Vegas this week. I had Rice at -3 againt SMU, and we all know how that turned out.

Oh, and thanks to UTEP also. I had them at -5 against whoever they played in the first round of the tourney.

(For those of you who are wondering, the third team in the parlay was Nova at -1.5 against Pitt.)

Gotta love the 3 team parlays at 6-1!