1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

RIAA Hit List. Are you on it?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BmwM3, Jul 23, 2003.

Tags:
  1. BmwM3

BmwM3 Member

Drewdog, if your not really sure what it is than you can go see what it is by going to the options tab on Kazaalite.It should tell you what you're connected as.

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yes, everyone do this... and one by one, file-swapping will be destroyed. ;)

3. Drewdog

Drewdog Member

Too late for that.... I already deleted the program from my computer - too much BS going on - too risky.

4. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Member

rochelle@Kazaa is on the list...

"Rochelle, Rochelle" - "The tale of a young girl's strange erotic journey from Milan to Minsk"

5. FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon Member

Yes, everyone do this... and one by one, everyone will not give a dame about RIPP, and every poor people will not have the chance to listen to their favorite music no more, and every song that's not on the market will be soon destroy.

6. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

3,339,844 users on Kazza, they have alot of work to do.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

Hell, I delete all my files after I put them on a CD. I'm on Kazaa Lite and I don't share files.

I'm not too worried...

8. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

GULP

I'm on that list. :(

On Kazaa I go by Ghettobootybabe8@Kazaa :D

9. bamaslammer

bamaslammer Member

Damn that sucks.

10. BmwM3

BmwM3 Member

LOL that was funny StupidMoniker.

Come to papa. J/K:D

11. francis 4 prez

well on kazaalite i do have the Supreme Being (Kazaalite.com God): 1000 user rating, which i'm proud of, but i don't believe i was on that list. i will say this stuff makes me want to d/l less, but we'll see if it actually does.

12. Faos

Faos Member

Tell that to the people on that list.

13. Faos

Faos Member

Net providers warn file swappers

By Jefferson Graham, USA TODAY

The first home users targeted by the record industry in its broad assault on Internet piracy are starting to receive warnings from their Internet providers. And those users — or in some cases, frantic parents — are calling lawyers.
    "I'm getting a lot of calls," says Washington, D.C., attorney Eli Eilbott, one of eight listed on the Electronic Freedom Foundation's www.subpoenadefense.org site.

He says many were from parents whose 12- and 13-year-olds were sharing six to eight CDs' worth of songs. "These kids didn't know it was illegal, or even had a concept of what it meant," he says. "Their parents are freaking out."

The Recording Industry Association of America, intending to file "hundreds" of lawsuits next month, has sent at least 871 subpoenas to Internet providers and universities, seeking identities of users who have been tracked by their screen name on swap sites.

A subpoena "is no guarantee you will be sued," says Fred von Lohmann of the EFF, who believes the RIAA is starting by casting a wide net. The EFF posted a database Wednesday on its eff.org Web site, where people can see if they're being targeted. Von Lohmann also has received calls from parents. "I say: 'Don't panic yet, but you should seek legal advice.' "

RIAA spokesman Jonathan Lamy says, "If someone wants to resolve the issue, they can always contact the RIAA." Eilbott, however, doesn't recommend that. "Why bring yourself to their attention?"

Sacramento attorney Daniel Ballard hopes some parents will choose to challenge the RIAA rather than settle. "I'd do the case pro bono. I believe this could be a landmark case on the issue of fair use," he says. "People have been sharing songs forever on tape. To share digitally is no different."

14. Zion

Zion Member

Relax as hard as the RIAA is working to prosecute people, there is someone working just as hard to develop software to block them from obtaining you identity. Just give it a couple of months.

15. Rockets10

Rockets10 Member

i'll see if i can find an article mentioning it, but supposedly the RIAA is only targeting people who share files, not those who download them, as some people have already alluded to. so what is important is not to share your files. u can still download them though and the RIAA won't care. (of course not sharing one's files kind of defeats the whole purpose of file sharing)

16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

Good to know, I guess I'm off the hook. :D

The RIAA may win this battle, but I still think the file sharers will win the war. I think people will stop sharing...until this all blows over in a few months, then the sharers will come back probably in higher numbers than ever before.

Sounds like a Star Wars movie. :cool:

17. no_answer

no_answer Member

If they catch me I'll either...

A. tell them the devil made me do it
    B. tell them my mom always taught me to share as a child

Anyway, I don't even use Kazaa. I'm an Imesh kinda girl.

18. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I drop anybody that doesn't share, selfish bastards!

19. Kam

Kam Member

A girl? On this messege board?

Paging YoYao.

20. AGBee

AGBee Member

I'll stick with Usenet newsgroups.