1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Revealed: New Mavs Alts.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by fabianrubio, Oct 22, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Member

I thought Green wasn't in their color scheme anymore (logo). It's like if the Rockets came out with an alt jersey that had yellow in it.

2. slcrocket

slcrocket Member

Those are tight. Going back to the green is a great idea--always was.

3. JeeberD

JeeberD Member

Not too shabby...

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

5. crash5179

crash5179 Member

That's exactly what I thought. Colors are very similar to the old Jerseys from the Reunion Arena days. The font Makes me think of something from back in the 70's.

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

7. Rockets34Legend

So RM95 is now DallasMaverick04? :p

8. thadeus

thadeus Member

For some reason I can't explain....I really like those jerseys.

9. Uprising

Uprising Member

man....yuck

I don't like the green.

10. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Member

The green would be ok if not for the two-tone blue. They need to lose the lighter blue and then it would be pretty cool.

11. ROCS4LIFE

ROCS4LIFE Member

I would need to see them actually wear it. That's when you can tell if they look cool or not.

12. Fegwu

Fegwu Member

Talking about not so good unis, I am still finidng hard to get used to those now hideous looking stripes on our unis. What was/is the point of the two swooping stripes on our unis? I thought it would grown on me by now but I do not see myself buying those unis especially the homw white. I gues I am alone on this.

13. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Member

I thought MaverickMetrosexualMan04 would be more appopriate

14. ayears

ayears Member

Agreed.

The green color and the front style are nice but the blue side pales the taste, imo.

15. bottlerocket

bottlerocket Member

They are trying to capitalize on the trendy "old skool" look.

16. couch_pot8o

couch_pot8o Member

imo, i think they look cool and unique. if i can remember correctly when they unveiled the unis, they said that the reason for the stripes on the sides of the top and the shorts are for "rocket trail". like, "booster trails" or something. im not so sure, but i do remember reading something about that here in this board when the unis were unveiled..

p.diddy designed those unis right? remember last year, he said that he will design the new alternate mavs unis because of the horror of last year's alternate unis. and knowing that he is a rapper and a big fan of throwback jerseys, that's how this year's unis ended up. its just my opinion and guess on this but one thing is true though, they are capitalizing on the throwback trend that's been going on. that is also one of the reasons why nba decided to have retro nights, to sell more merchandise.. pretty clever if you ask me..

17. Stack24

Stack24 Member

Basketball along with every other sport is all about merchandising as well. I mean why do you think the Yankees have so much more money. They are the most marketed team in the world and have so much merchandise it's not even funny.

Of course with the new throwback phase everyone is going to capatalize. Do you think they are coming out with these alternates for the heck of it. They want another Jersey to be sold in the stores along with the others. The more merchandise they can get out the more money they all make.

18. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

19. Rockets34Legend

Check this crap out:

www.mtv.com/news/articles...lines=true

Dallas Mavericks Say Diddy's Designing Their Duds

Jay-Z may rap about not wanting to wear jerseys anymore because he's over 30, but 30-plus P. Diddy doesn't think there's anything wrong with throwing on sporting garb, especially if he's the one designing it.

Diddy will design the Dallas Mavericks' alternate uniforms for the 2004-2005 season, representatives of the NBA team said Friday (December 5).

"The future is now," Mavericks merchandising director Tim Henning said from Dallas. "We think he's the perfect designer for this kind of project. He knows design, he knows what's happening in terms of what we think is street-credible. Nobody out there is as equipped as Puff — and Sean John, specifically — to take on a project like this. [People] are wearing uniforms as fashion, and who's the guy on top in urban fashion? P. Diddy."

The b-ballers will wear their alternate unis at least 12 times during the season but could sport them on the court more times than that.

Henning said the relationship between Diddy and the team began two years ago, when the hip-hop mogul befriended headline-making Mavericks owner Mark Cuban, but it was two weeks ago that the uniform idea really gathered steam.

"The relationship could develop into something more significant," Henning said. The two sides are talking about Diddy designing ancillary pieces to accompany the jerseys, such as shooting shirts and shorts. But first the jerseys are expected to be unveiled at the annual Magic fashion convention in February. The jerseys should be available in stores with other NBA attire next fall. Mavericks players will begin wearing their new gear in the 2004 preseason.

Henning clarified that the uniforms will not bear the Sean John clothing line logo because of Reebok's licensing deal with the NBA, but he said there'll be some element on the garments that identifies them as Sean John.

Neither Diddy nor his spokesperson at Bad Boy could be reached at press time, and Diddy's rep at Sean John said he hadn't heard about the Mavericks deal.

On the music side, Diddy's next Bad Boy release will be Carl Thomas' Let's Talk About It, due February 10.

20. xcharged

xcharged Member

P-Diddy should stick to what he knows best...

slingin' rock.