1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Request for GIF of Altidore doing Mutombo finger wave to god

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by heypartner, Jun 16, 2014.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

What's up with his finger wave while in pain on his back

2. heypartner

I think one thing it means is he knows he's out for the Cup. For those who've had a hamstring pull like that it could be a 6mo recovery. So sad

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I believe it was meant to be a sign to his teammates and the coach that he cannot continue on.

4. heypartner

Why not just tell them. I thought the finger wave to the heavans was personal, and nothing to do with his team. He knew he wiped out hit hamstring and can't play in the Cup again

If it is a pull like I did at his age in the very same collapse. So sad

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I'm glad this is its own thread, otherwise, we wouldn't know you want this GIF. :p

6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

6 months? I've never had a hamstring pull that kept me out more than a month and I don't access to the finest physical therapy and doctors like a pro athlete.

With any luck, this is exactly like the hammy cramp I had about a month ago. I was dehydrated and playing in a game when my hamstring decided to stop working. Turns out it was a bad cramp and I was back on the field the next Sunday. So, if this is the case, there's a good chance he'd be back for Portugal and should be fine for Germany. If it's a strain, he's done for at least the rest of this round. Should we take 2nd, we play exactly 2 weeks from today.

7. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

8. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Probably wont see him again unless we advance

9. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

God knew he was going to finger wave so he blew out his hamstring.

10. heypartner

Well, that was my first and only.

I heard a pop.

And I'm not paid money to play sports, so took my Docs full advice. My leg was quivering, uncontrollably at the hospital as I was sitting on the table. Doc said that was because I "fully pulled it." I asked the Doc what I should do so this never happens again, she put me on crutches for a full month (that I can say was needed for sure) and advised me to not run for 6mos. So, maybe I could have returned earlier, but I wanted to follow her instructions.