1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Republican Says Blacks Should Be Bused To Farms To Pick Crops

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Malcolm, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Oski2005

Oski2005 Member

When? In the 1800s?

2. bnb

bnb Member

2004 and 2006.

He was the Democratic nominee. --getting over 100,000 presumably Democrat votes. In 2008 he was defeated in the primary. He's never had a Republican endorsement. And was also rejected by the Conservative Party.

Score one for the Republicans here??

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

hey jewz & gyp-os, free train rides and all the wallets you can make!11!!

1 person likes this.
  4. Bruce

Bruce Member

If it's possible to separate past racial history from the context of that proposal, it doesn't sound like that terrible of an idea. But, I don't believe that's possible.

5. amaru

amaru Member

Eh.......he's flirting with a dangerous idea.

Nobody should be bused anywhere against their will ( exception for criminals of course).

The way he said it, it sounds as if he wants to round up all young "black" men in the "inner city" and sent them out to farms to work. Why is he only limiting this to men of African descent?

That doesn't sound good at all.

6. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Reductio ad Hitlerum, the argumentative style of the noble man with a towering intellect. See also, Godwin's Law. Bravo Sam. Truly your clever japes have humbled me.

1 person likes this.
  7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

What an idiot, it's pretty obvious that it is a calculated provocation, no?

8. rtsy

rtsy Member

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lOfZLb33uCg?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think that's what he meant at all. I think he's clearly saying you can create some kind of structure to employ inner city youths. I mean, what the heck is wrong with suggesting that unemployed poor people in the inner cities work?

Is picking vegetables beneath them? WTF?

I would think people would line up to get on the bus to have a chance to make money. It's crap work, but it's something.

10. Duncan McDonuts

But it's equivalent to slavery, except they're getting paid. Nobody wants to be a paid slave!

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

Congrats brah, the incredibly predictable invocation of Godwin's Law (TEE-HEE) - in a thread talking about racial atrocities - proves that your internet cred dates all the way back to 2005. Hey also I see people posting "cool story bro" alot, can you explain to me what that means? :confused:? and what's with the colon and parentheses after sentences?

But since you're likely to rest on the principle, substitute anybody you like for idiotic little trope you're on in this thread

HAI ARMENIANZ, FREE HAYRIDEZ AND BOAT-RIDEZ IN TUR-K, DO NOT WANT?

YO JAPZ, COME TO INTERNMENT CAMPS FOR FREE FOOD & ARTS & CRAFTS

etc ad nauseum.

Nice theory tho!

#31 SamFisher, Mar 18, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2011
  12. amaru

amaru Member

You intentionally mis-read what I said. I said the primary problem with this is that he limited this to young men of African descent. They are not the only unemployed group in the U.S. and black ppl only make up ~ 14% of the country's population.

So why limit such a measure to just that particular group. What about Black females, and males who are not black?

By limiting such a suggestion to one group along with the notion of "rounding them up" it sounds disturbingly similar to the conditions that our ppl came from in this nations. The idea brings back bad memories of "sharecropping" that my great-grandfather was forced to do.

13. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

The problem with all your comparisons is that they involved force. There is no mention of force in the plan proposed by the candidate. It was about providing jobs and transportation to jobless Americans instead of illegal immigrants. The whole point is that it is not an atrocity, to make the thread about atrocities is why I invoked Godwin's law.

Here is what Buffalo columnist Rod Watson had to say about Mr. Davis's comment.
    According to the man who said it, it was because the unemployment rate in "[their] cities" (presumably cities in the district where he is seeking office) among black males is over 50%. He should have just said the unemployed, but that seems a minor quibble in light of the context of his comment.

#33 StupidMoniker, Mar 18, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2011
  14. amaru

amaru Member

That is exactly my point. He should have just left it at "unemployed".

It might seem minor to you...but like I said, it brings back bad memories of my African American greatgrandfathers and my grandfather being forced into sharecropping b/c they had no other real options.

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

HAI, WHAT IF WE LET JAPZ WHO ARE DISPLACED BY MELTDOWNZ COME STAY IN CAMPZ ON WEST COAST, WOULDN"T U THINK THAT WAS GOOD IDEA CUZ CAMPZ IS BETTER THAN GRIMY SHELTERS.

ALSO, IF I WUZ INDIAN AND SOMEBODY GAVE ME A BLANKET AND HELPED ME KILL MY BUFFALOZ I WOULD THINK IT WAS PRETTY COOL AND NICE OF THEM TO DO I AM JUST SAYIN

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

17. cml750

cml750 Member

That was an extremely stupid comment.

edwardc likes this.
  18. amaru

amaru Member

Classic case of open mouth and insert foot.

edwardc likes this.
  19. conquistador#11

I really like the goran dragic trade beasted with a near triple double. we're set at the guards for years. regards, 2011

ramotadab likes this.
  20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2015/09/prison-labor-in-america/406177/

American Slavery, Reinvented
    The Thirteenth Amendment forbade slavery and involuntary servitude, “except as punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted.”

or

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-bozelko-prison-labor-20171020-story.html

Think prison labor is a form of slavery? Think again

or

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...-prator-prisoners_us_59dfa0bee4b0fdad73b2cded

A sheriff in Louisiana has been railing against the state’s new prisoner release program, saying many of those “good” inmates need to stay behind bars for the free labor they provide.

Last week, Caddo Parish Sheriff Steve Prator blasted the state’s Justice Reinvestment Package, a series of bills passed in June that could reduce Louisiana’s prison population by 10 percent and save more than $260 million over the next decade by slowly releasing nonviolent offenders. The legislation is set to go into effect on Nov. 1 and would authorize the early release of 1,400 prisoners across 21 parishes in the state.

-----------------------

Slavery never ended. .. .. it evolved.

Rocket River