1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Redick Unhappy With Trade to Dallas

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HorryForThree, Mar 31, 2021.

1. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...-front-office-handling-trade-dallas-mavericks

Honestly, kudos to the Pelicans. Reddick is in his 15th season, yes, but this was his second season with the Pelicans. They owed him no special favors, and were under no obligation to send him to where he wanted. He's a UFA after the season, and the Mavs considered him valuable enough to make a trade for him as a shooter to help them out and my guess is fill a little of the void left by Curry.

Other teams should take note. I'm fine with players who have given 5+ season to one organization coming in and saying 'trade me to a competitor' as a request. But one season and now you think you can dictate destinations? C'mon.

adoo and BigShasta like this.
  2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Between this and JJ talking about his trepidation of coming to the Rockets for fear of a trade because of Morey, it seems like JJ considers himself as one of the core guys in the league. You're a shooting mercenary getting paid to hit 3 pointers, not a foundational piece of any franchise. There will always be a trade market for you, and a team like the Pelicans will take something back for you 100 times out of 100 instead of losing you for nothing in a buyout. It is what it is JJ, and you should be extra thankful that you still have positive value 15 years into the league. You're a free agent in the off-season, and while I know spending even 5 minutes in Dallas is miserable, it's really only a few more months before you can pick your team.

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'm sure all of our hearts are bleeding for him. He must not have realized this was a risk of the career that he chose and worked towards for years and years.

HorryForThree and raining threes like this.
  4. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

LeBron called up "Griff" and said, "Nah, not another one."

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  5. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

You'll live JJ.

HorryForThree and raining threes like this.
  7. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

He would have definitely signed with Brooklyn lmao who is he kidding?

8. BALLhog 247 365

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

About half of the players want to play for the Nets and the other half for the Lakers.

malakas and napalm06 like this.
  10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The very fact he mentioned it means it was on his mind

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

Props to the Pelicans? Lol, they straight up lied to him and you’re talking about props?

"I talked to Griff. I talked to Trajan. Griff basically says to me, 'Come down for a month. If you still want to be traded, I give you my word, I'll get you to a situation that you like.'

Griffin gave his word, but I guess it’s ok if your word no longer means anything

12. TimDuncanDonaut

o_O <= the look when I found out his full name is Jonathan Clay Reddick. Should be JC instead of JJ.

malakas and J.R. like this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Born Jonathan Clay Redick, he was nicknamed "J.J" as a toddler because his twin sisters each repeated his original nickname of "J."

¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

OK...

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  14. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Should have signed with a Northeast team as a FA. I don't get that, you signed a deal! You know the repercussions of that action. Tired of these whiny players.

I don't like what Harden did but to an extent I get it. He signed thinking the organization was going to be competitive and it wasn't in his eyes so the condition chabged from the time he signed the contract ( ofcourse this was all bc he asked for westbrook but diff debate)

Had jj signed with a team closer to northeast with the understanding that he is signing bc they are close.to his family then I would get it but come on he signed with Pelicans bc no one else would pay him that much money and now that he is nearing the end of the deal he cares about his family. Watch how quickly he takes an offer from a cali team next year if they offer sig more than a northeast team

15. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Kinda like the contract you signed doesn't mean anything huh.

I am sure if he gotten the same deal from the Nets he would have sent him to the team of his desire but why would I want to not maximize my teams gain to keep a word. Forget that!

16. riko

riko Member

He wants a buyout to join the Nets so he can get a ring. Luka and Porzi have no shot at a ring

17. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

Huh? Don’t tell a player u give them your word if u have no intention of keeping it.

Rocket River likes this.
  19. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

donkeypunch likes this.
  20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

he;s still under contract. you act like he tore the contract in pieces

Pistol Pete likes this.