1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Recommendation for a cheap, yet quality, recliner for a small room?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Swishh, May 3, 2016.

1. Swishh

Swishh Member

I don't have much room at all, think a dorm sized room andit's already a little crowded. I'm tired of sitting on the floor or my bed and want a comfortable seat. Any recommendations?

Was thinking of a recliner couch from ebay for 200, but it seems a little too big.

Any thoughts or recommendations for a comfortable chair/ single couch would be great.

2. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

This is how I buy most of my stuff now. Everything I've gotten has been great quality and delivered quickly.

http://www.wayfair.com/filters/Recliners-l804-c413904-P6463~0~250.html

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

4. D-Lite

D-Lite Contributing Member

If you want to physically see it before buying- BEL furniture has cheap,good quality recliners for I believe under $200. They are smaller so that's why they're cheaper I think.

5. RocketDonut

RocketDonut Contributing Member

Second for wayfair.com. My wife buys a lot of stuff from there and it's pretty decent quality for the price.

6. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

7. Swishh

Swishh Member

Thanks, considering this one. Seems light and not too spacey

http://www.wayfair.com/Flash-Furnit...ir-with-Ottoman-I-BT753PMASSGEBK-FFC1196.html

8. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

This. I got my couch plus a chair and a half recliner from there and have been very happy with both.

9. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Be careful with buying cheap recliners. Check and make sure the frame is made from either solid wood or metal and not that particle board type stuff. We bought a $200 Serta recliner from Big Lots that broke within a week. My 16 year old brother, who can't weigh more then about 140-150 pounds, plopped down into it hard as hell and we heard the thing snap like a twig.

I returned it and ended up going to one of those jammed pack furniture stores you see all around town and spent $500 (after talking them down from $700) on an Ashley recliner. Even got them to do free delivery on New Years Eve. Real leather unlike the bonded leather on the old recliner, and it has a metal frame. My brother isn't allowed to sit in this one when he comes over.

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

OT: Are OP and Outlier related in any way?

Almost every thread from these two guys asking for suggestions has some element of "cheap" in it which narrows down the possibilities.

We all want cheap things but that'll affect quality and beggars can't be choosers.

11. juicystream

For $200, you aren't exactly going to get a high quality product.

12. HR Dept

FWIW, it was on sale also. I believe it would've normally cost more.

But still, your statement holds true. That recliner was crap.

13. Swishh

Swishh Member

Obviously I'm not looking for A+ quality, but thanks for your input. It was definitely appreciated :rolleyes:

14. htownballa1622

Speaking of furniture...

Where does everyone go for furniture?

I'm moving into my first home and I want to find living room furniture(looking at sectionals) and want suggestions if possible.

15. HR Dept

Mom and pop furniture stores. They're all over the city and sell the same or same quality stuff that you find at the big furniture stores. If they don't have what you want they can order it. Plus you can haggle for cheaper prices (This is a actually a must).

Also, Rooms To Go. Nice quality furniture with great financing options.

16. htownballa1622

Thanks a lot! I'll definitely check them out.

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Rooms to go furniture is not quality. Most of it is made from cheap pressed wood or plywood. Their tables are normally laminate/wood veneer covering cheap pressed wood.

I've learned this lesson the hardway. You get what you pay for with furniture. Getting real, good quality furniture will mean you aren't replacing it and aren't disappointed with it in a few years.

18. juicystream

The downside is, you better be happy with the style, because you'll have it for so long and it will be expensive.

Almost all furniture stores sell low-end furniture, but plenty will offer both, and you just have to make a choice.

19. HR Dept

This. You have to know what you're looking for in order to weed out the stuff that isn't up to standard.

20. Swishh

Swishh Member

So I bought the recliner from wayfaring that I quoted in post #7 . It's not as amazing as the 4.3/5 stars suggested, but it is still a fine chair. The ONLY issue is that it was seemingly built for midgets. I'm near 6'2 and the head rest is at my neck......