1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Real GM Podcast - Discussion on offseason of Southwest Division (e.g. Rockets)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HamJam, Sep 8, 2015.

1. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

2 people like this.
  2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Ha, this is great. It could almost go into all the Dmo vs TJones threads. Thx OP.

I think their take on the Spurs is spot on. Too many questions to put them on a pedestal.

Side note: Is anyone else excited to listen to Scott Brooks as a basketball analyst or color commentary guy?

#2 don grahamleone, Sep 8, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Is it possible to embed? Link is blocked at work.

4. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Hmm, I will try:

edit: Nope, didn't work -- sorry.

1 person likes this.
  5. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I'm going to go ahead and say it, the Spurs will surprise everyone by coming out of the gates with a rocky start. Maybe go 12-8 or so in the first 20 games. They are old, they have lost some depth. They will have trouble keeping up with faster pace and more athletic teams.

6. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

<iframe width="400" height="370" src="http://player.cinchcast.com/?platformId=1&assetType=single&assetId=7909329" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe><div style="font-size: 10px;text-align: center;width:400px;">Check Out Sports Podcasts at Blog Talk Radio with <a href="http://www.blogtalkradio.com/realgm" rel="nofollow">RealGM Radio</a> on BlogTalkRadio</div>

1 person likes this.
  7. OpenLayup-Why3?

They give too much credit for Beverley.

8. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Yup. Their distanced take on DMo/TJ was a breath of fresh air, compared to the over-emotional stuff that's taken over the forum on the subject.

9. don grahamleone

I don't know if you kept listening, but they are really hoping that Jones ends up in New Orleans. Or maybe I just thought that because they had hope for some particular trade last year didn't go down. But them talking about TJones in a vacuum being better than DMo is great for us. That just bolsters his value. They also acknowledged that DMo's offense plus the ability to play center is just too valuable to abandon. I could see some politicking going on this season because of all of this. Maybe Jones not getting the minutes he deserves once the season is in full swing? I'm sure DM will dangle him on the market for a player with a longer affordable contract.

They had one 'expert' pick 1-5 and Houston went 1, SA 2, New Orleans 3, Memphis 4???, Dallas LAST. But he thought Dallas might still make the playoffs. That Portland vacuum must be filled. I like Sac-town for that. Boogie is too good not to ever make the playoffs.

10. NotChandlerParsons

(commenting on a Hornets v. 76ers game)

Well Marv, I thought the play coach drew up was okay, but what he really should've done was a Durant iso.

11. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Couldn't sit through it. That LeRoux guy truly has a voice for newspaper.

1 person likes this.
  12. KiwiRocket

KiwiRocket Member

Listening to the NBA Lockdown Podcast the other day they pretty much dismissed the Rockets title chances without really even going into the ROckets bench depth. Then when The CLippers came up they salivated over their bench and how great they are going to be. Makes me LOL every time I listen to these LA based guys.

13. KlutchQT

Yeah, I listened until they started going deep into the Spurs talk. I had to LOL @ them predicting that Dallas would likely pick up either TJ or DMo (whichever one we let go). Not far-fetched.

14. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

mmmm i had already listened too this, I fell like the view of the Rockets is changing, people seem to be higher on us (and so they should be) but we have gone from getting absolutely no credit to suddenly mattering

15. OpenLayup-Why3?

I've been saying that Dallas have interest in DMO for many years, this is not far-fetched.

16. don grahamleone

No joke, man! I really don't care if he's a bonehead or a genius, I just want to hear his takes so I can make my mind up on him. I'm really hoping he's really the brains behind making all that talent work together and that the OKC staff sinks the team to the bottom of the conference on their own. If the brass has talent, I may have to keep cheering for KD on a team I should naturally hate. I've hated cheering for an Oklahoma team over the years, but I went to UT and it's hard not to cheer for KD. He reps the horns hard.

Who did you tell for many years? It certainly wasn't us, rook. We just recently saw your birth on our stage and trust me, the jury is still out on you. It's not looking good. Especially after you insulted Hakeem on a rockets site. I can't say it's not smart, because it might be brilliant in some distraction bait and switch way, but it probably wasn't smart. It definitely wasn't proving to anyone how deep your basketball knowledge goes.

Seriously, why to you post stuff on here that makes it seem like you have an established reputation? You know you don't.

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

18. don grahamleone

This was recently. There's more. I've never actually blocked anyone on this site, but I'm really considering it. Everything this immature kid says is either inflammatory or about to be. He or she makes bballaholic seem easy to deal with. I honestly think this might be a teenage girl posting on here. There's a lot of similarities between OPW3 and a teenage girl. And yes, I'm being serious.

19. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Literally all they said was he is a nice player... Which he is, not perfect but we are better with him and his competitiveness is vital

20. KlutchQT

LOL. That person has been on my ignore list for a couple of months now.