1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rashard's agent meets with Rockets again

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hottoddie, Aug 13, 2002.

1. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

According to Mark Berman on Fox26, Rashard's agent confirmed that he has met with the Rockets for the second time & the Rockets are attempting to put together a sign & trade deal. No details were mentioned or even speculated about. I guess that means the Rockets are still pursuing him. I just wonder what we'll have to give up to get him.

2. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks toddie.

A S/T makes the most sense from the Rockets perspective, because it would most likely prevent a potential minutes logjam, and not affect the current payroll (as well as lessen future concerns depending on the player(s) involved).

Thinking about it...Yao, Griffin, Lewis. That's a sick front line under the age of 23.

3. Dennis2112

Dennis2112 Contributing Member

Sick??:confused:

Try scary!!:eek: :eek:

Thats a lineup I would goto war with.

4. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I saw speculation on ESPN that a Rockets package would center around MoT, but that the Sonics would be more likely to demand Eddie Griffin.

5. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

[ring ring ring]
    Rockets: "Hello?"
    Sonics: "Rockets?"
    Rockets: "Speaking."
    Sonics: "Hey."
    Rockets: "Hey."
    Sonics: "Griffin?"
    Rockets: "Your mama's a llama."
    [click!]

or something like that.

Go away Rashard.

CBFC

6. off_welfare

off_welfare Member

Your momma is a llama? Where do they find these people?:rolleyes:

7. RocketsRuuule

RocketsRuuule Member

I dont know where they find them, but I laughed my butt off....so keep it coming.

by the way, if we have to give up griff for shard....then we are running still or even taking a step backwards, even though i love shard since he went to my high school. Go Rams, bears suck, hehe, jk.

that is my humble opinion

8. MovieManiac

MovieManiac Member

Noway in hell would I give up Griffin for Lewis HELL NO

9. Possum

Possum Member

Lewis, Rockets open talks

Houston Chronicle
    SuperSonics forward Rashard Lewis spoke with Rockets officials Monday, an "introductory" conversation that Lewis' Houston-based agent Carl Poston said could lead to more substantive talks beginning as soon as today.

Poston said there has been no progress in talks with Seattle. The Sonics have offered a contract worth $60 million over seven seasons with the potential to earn an additional $15 million in incentives.

Barring a sign-and-trade agreement with the Sonics, the Rockets could only offer Lewis, 22, the mid-level exception beginning at $4.546 million the first season.

"I told them we should meet with Rashard," Poston said. "Both of us (the Rockets and Poston) said we have to meet. It was just introductions.

"All it was is `we have to get together. We'll be here (in Houston).' "

Lewis also is considering a mid-level exception offer from the Mavericks.

Lewis, a 6-10, 217-pound small forward, averaged 16.8 points and seven rebounds last season, his fourth season out of Elsik High School.

The Rockets also are working on securing an agreement on a long-term extension for Steve Francis. Francis' agent, Jeff Fried, was in Houston on Monday and toured the Westside Tennis Club facilities with his son, but there were no talks on Francis' contract.

10. Stevie Francis

mna, i think lewis would actually choose hou over dal. Becuase ithink he would consider what team mates to be buddies with. the nba can be very lonley. and i'm sure lewis always wanted to be in the SF, cat, and mooch cliqe

11. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

ive also heard that seattle would want griffin.

i say we send moT and rice. mo is making $6M, rice $7M. we get lewis at $8M and one of seattles ending contracts/filler.

12. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

Ifwe give Griffin in a package for Rashard Lewis- this will rank as the worst mistake in Rockets history. Rashard is a very over rated player who expects the Max.

I really hope we do not give up Griffin.

13. Rudyball

Rudyball Contributing Member

CBFC,

That was good! and I whole heartedly agree :D

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

If we manage a sign-and-trade for Rashard, or if he signs for the MCE (pshaw! MCE ain't gonna happen) and re-sign Steve and sign Yao, all at about the same time, I want my own clutchcity tip jar for guessing right!

Miami has a $3.5 million (or thereabouts) trade exception. Hmn....hmn....the possibilities...

15. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

If we have to part with Griffin...I say no shot. If its Mo T, KT and some scraps, obviously Im all for it.

By the way...CBFC, that was friggin HYSTERICAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. NJRocket

I just read Dearrock's thread about how Seattle supposedly asked for 2 of Dallas' top 3 (Nowitski, Nash or Finley) in a S&T for Lewis. I don't see how a package including Mo T is going to get a deal done.

17. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Why is Seattle so hard to deal with? Either they get something in return, or Rashard walks. In my opinion, he holds all the cards, and it's up to Seattle if they want to get anything decent back. Asking for Nowitzki, Nash, or Finley is just insane. Similarly, the Rockets won't trade Griffin for a jump-shooting SF.

18. NJRocket

B99...I was actually just thinking the same thing. If Seattle thinks they will lose him for nothing (which Im sure Rashard will lead them to believe), then Seattle will take what they can get.

19. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Seattle knows that Rashard's just bluffing. No way he signs with another team for the MCE. So really Seattle holds all the cards. Right now they are just seeing how much other teams are willing to give for him.

20. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Get your mind and hands off Ed Griffin! Lewis must make up his mind about Seattle first then we can negotiate!