1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Raptors.com Expert w/ WORST article ever!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by dean, Feb 16, 2004.

1. dean

dean Member

http://www.nba.com/raptors/raptorcom/smith_040216.html

bold = my comment

In honour of the 53rd Annual All-Star game, here are 53 random thoughts and questions that crossed my mind during the weekend in L.A.

1. Carmelo Anthony should have been in the All-Star game in place of Ray Allen.

2. LeBron James could have one Saturday's dunk contest with any number of the jams he threw down during Friday's Rookie/Sophomore game.
    it's supposed to "won" not "one".

3. Charles Barkley said it right on Sunday night - Kobe Bryant should not talk to the media about where he may be playing next year, 'cause he may not be playing basketball at all.

4. What was TNT thinking in starting off their pre-game on Sunday with Arnold Schwarzenegger on the panel? Start strong - talking basketball - NOT politics.

5. I'm a big fan of Outkast's "Hey Yeah", but it has officially reached the OVERKILL stage. the song is "Hey Ya", not "hey yeah". its famous as hell, your supposed to know what it is.

6. I know he made it to the final three, but I would have preferred to have seen someone other than Kyle Korver in the Three-point contest on Saturday (how 'bout Mo Pete?).

7. Sportnet's Cabral (Cabbie) Richards had a great segment on Sunday - asking players if they'd rather see their poster hanging in Janet Jackson's house, or Michael Jordan's.

8. How can you not love the Ben Wallace 'fro?

9. Why was Paris Hilton involved in the celebrity game over the weekend? L-A-M-E.

10. A lot of people are now talking about changing the format for the All-Star game - pitting the United States versus The World. It'd be mistake to do this. It's not needed yet.

11. Memo to Tim Duncan: Smile.

12. I grew up a huge Lakers' fan - and a BIG fan of Magic Johnson. But he was splashed across the TV just a little too much this past weekend.

13. Nelly Furtado's Canadian national anthem made my ears bleed.

14. Did any of the competitors seem at all interested in Saturday's Skills Contest?

15. All-Star weekend didn't slow down Isiah Thomas one bit. He pulled off another sweet deal for the New York Knicks, picking up Tim Thomas and Nazr Mohammed.

16. Fan voting should be discontinued.nba needs fan support. and the fans have done a good job in a limited role (just picking the starters)

17. I would've preferred to see Shaq start on Sunday - not Yao Ming.

18. Jason Richardson didn't pull out enough creativity for my liking on Saturday night. Who cares if he messed up on the missed dunks. That off the backboard -betweent he legs dunk was the sickest ever!

19. What was up with T-Mac's red and blue shoes? Oh well - they're better than those mirrored kicks Chris Webber pulled out a couple of years ago.

20. I missed seeing Tom Cavanaugh and Justin Timberlake battle-it-out in the celebrity game this year! Cavanaugh played ball at Queen's in Kingston.

21. Why did the Bucks make that deal with the Knicks? Keith Van Horn may give Milwaukee more scoring, but I'm not convinced that he's a marquee go-to guy. he's not supposed to be their go-to guy. Redd is! They gave up tim thomas and pryzibilla (none of them are go-to guys)

22. Was Jay-Z sitting courtside as a "fan", or was he scouting future talent for his Brooklyn ballers?

23. Nice to see champ Lennox Lewis give a shout-out to Canada ("the North") during a Sunday interview with Cheryl Miller.

24. Ron Artest was shilling for a shoe deal during the game? Hilarious. A couple of years ago, he admitted he sometimes decorates his sneakers with magic-markers and highlighters.

25. I expected more from Chris Anderson in Saturday's dunk contest.

26. The East had 14 assists on 15 FG's in the 1st quarter on Sunday. Unselfish All-Stars.

27. In my opinion, Chris Bosh should not have played in the Rookie/Sophomore game on Friday night. He could barely move (playing only 14 minutes) on Thursday against Seattle.

28. Does anybody miss seeing Voshon Lenard in a Raptors' uniform after watching him win the Three-point Shootout on Saturday?

29. Good to see Sam Cassell finally suit up in an All-Star game.

30. Nice job by Sportsnet to get Vince Carter and Jamaal Magloire - together - for an interview during Sunday's pre-game show.

31. Fred Jones threw down some nasty dunks on Saturday, but he (nor any other dunker) deserved a "50" for any of those jams we witnessed in the contest. He is a default champ.omg, you are really ticking me off. That J-Rich off the backboard-between legs dunk deserved like a 60!

32. Did Craig Sager and Cheryl Miller get a discount on red blazers or what?

33. Watching Earl Boykins in the Skills Contest on Saturday made me think he'd look good in a Raptors' uniform. Butch Carter wanted him in Toronto a few years ago.

34. It would've been great to see Yao Ming drop a couple three-balls on Sunday!

35. Peja Stojakovic may not have won the 3pt Shootout on Saturday, but he's got the sweetest stroke this league has seen since Larry Bird.

36. Sunday's Canadian Content: 12 points and 6 rebounds in the first half for Jamaal Magloire.

37. After an impressive 1st quarter on Sunday, why did Vince Carter ride the pine for the entire 2nd?

38. Good to see the NBA finally updated its EAST and WEST jerseys - last year's were brutally out-of-date.

39. I mentioned Carmelo Anthony's snub earlier. What about Elton Brand?He was kinda injured for some time in the begginning of the season. Kirilenko, Nowitzki, Peja were healthy and are just as deserving

40. Do you think Kyle Korver and Ashton Kutcher hooked-up over the weekend? Would Demi have noticed?

41. Yet another shout-out to Charles Barkley: PLEASE don't dance like Beyonce EVER again!

42. How many alley-oops did Allen Iverson toss-up on Sunday? Beautiful.

43. Does anyone have more fun on the floor than Shaquille O'Neal?

44. How bad was John Salley on Saturday night? Yikes. He couldn't hit a shot to save his life.

45. The NBA should get rid of the dunk contest once and for all. It's tired, unimaginative, and lacking creativity.
    dont you know that if that was true, the ratings would drop like crazy on saturday night

46. How ironic -- on the eve of Chris Webber being activated by the Kings, Brad Miller goes down with an ankle sprain in the All-Star game! Crazy. um, yeah webber was activitaed, that doesnt mean hes fit to play. Hes gonna get suspended for the next 6-8 games.

47. Even in an All-star game, Flip Saunders stands out as one of the top coaches in the game today.

48. Instant replay in the NBA? I'd like to see it.

49. Sunday's Canadian Content part 2: 19 points and 8 rebounds in the game for Jamaal Magloire.

50. Is anybody else sick of seeing Jason Kidd's son plastered all over the TV?

51. Love him or hate him; David Stern may be the best commissioner in professional sports.

52. My All-Star weekend was almost ruined by seeing Starr Jones bumbling about her marriage proposal.

53. Economically, I don't think it's feasible … but … I'd love to see the All-Star game in Toronto some day.

2. annthuyn

annthuyn Member

Italic= my comment

5. I'm a big fan of Outkast's "Hey Yeah", but it has officially reached the OVERKILL stage. the song is "Hey Ya", not "hey yeah". its famous as hell, your supposed to know what it is.
    gossssssh! it's you're, not your! you're supposed to know that! :p

3. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet
    Supporting Member

It's the worst article ever because it has two spelling errors (one on a made up word) and he disagrees with your opinion of the dunk contest? :rolleyes:

4. Agent86

Agent86 Contributing Member

Show us one worse.

5. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

If you think this is the worst article ever, why did you care to post the 5-6 pages of it?

6. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

This guy is completely wrong about JRich. The man basically risked the title so he could try a near impossible dunk. I believe it was an off the backboard, 360, cookie jar? He tried several dunks that i have never seen attempted. The off the backboard between the legs dunk was one of the top 5 i've ever seen, and i've never seen that one attempted either. Meanwhile, his boy vince won't even bother participating.

7. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

He was trying to get Nomar to laugh.

8. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet
    Supporting Member

Here you go. This is an article that makes the contention that a trade is worse than steroid abuse. Here is another that argues for the Repeal of the MLK Jr. holiday. Is that enough to disprove the WORST article ever claim?

9. dean

dean Member

the first espn article may have a crappy basis or topic, but at least it has in-depth insight on the topic. The writer in my link had really bad thoughts, and didn't make a argument for his beliefs. The steroid/arod "article" basically just takes opinions from various readers or whatever, thus i dont know if your link is even an article. I didn't read the MLK link told me to download somehting, so I didnt even bother.
    I dont actually mean this is the Worst article ever published. Ive probably read crappier articles, but in recent memory, this is the only article that (from what i remember) I actually said to myself "this article sucks", and forced me to post it on a message board.

10. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

Do you know why they call it the "Rising Stars" slam dunk contest? They prohibit veterans from joining. If I'm not mistaken, Vince said he'd participate if he were asked.