1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[RANT]Does Houston Not Care about Sports Outside of Football?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Scionxa, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

It seems like Houston is all about the Texans and that's it. 790 is pretty much SCHAUB TALK this week, and having callers call in about Schaub. Maybe they sneak in a few 10 minutes about the Rockets training camp at best.

This made me realize something...

WHERE WAS THE OUTRAGE WHEN TRACY MCGRADY WAS STINKING IT UP?

WHERE WAS THE BURNING OF HIS JERSEY AFTER THE TORONTO GAME?

WHERE WERE THE DEATH THREATS ON SOCIAL MEDIA?

I swear to god this drives me crazy.
    I have tickets to tomorrow's Rockets game and I want to be an obnoxious Texans-like fan .

If the Rockets win tomorrow, I'm declaring we are going to win a championship. If we lose, WHO'S JERSEY AM I GOING TO BURN HUH? SHOULD MCHALE BE FIRED? SHOULD WE CUT THIS PLAYER? ARE WE GOING TO BE STUCK IN MEDIOCRITY FOR YEARS TO COME?

SHOULD I LET THE BUTTHURT BE STRONG WITH ME AND CALL INTO EVERY RADIO STATION AND WHINE ABOUT SAID PLAYER?

HOW MUCH SHOULD I OVERPAY OUTSIDE THE ARENA TO BURN A JERSEY?

Also, my rockets license plates are not enough to show my fandom, where can i get the BIGGEST Rockets decal there is and put it on my back windshield?

Serious Part:

Okay, now that I'm semi-calm. This is just frustrating. I also don't blame CSN entirely since it's kind of been this way for a while now. I barely like football so I can't get into it fully, but wow, Texans fans are annoying. I hope you guys aren't like this in the Texans subforum. Also, do you guys think racism plays a part? I work with a couple of older white gentlemen, and they seem to think that NBA players are all "Thugs" and whatnot. But if they're football players it's all different?

Okay, well I'm off to the doctor now since I've apparently ruptured my colon.

2 people like this.
  2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

There are 82 games in which McGrady could have stunk it up and still had chance to bring us back up. Schaub only has 16 or 8 home chances... :eek: this is why it's more of an urgent situation with "shorter" seasons.

:eek: Please don't burn anything. Don't be like those guys in Reliant Stadium's parking lot. Those aren't real fans who at the first sign of trouble go do dumb things. Please don't.

3. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Astros- I'm a fan but I hate the owner and can't watch 'em as I don't have Comcast.

Texans- Meh, really don't care. I was a DIE HARD Oilers fan (My uncle worked for them so I was around the team for 20 years, everywhere) and have still had trouble coming around to this team to really get into it. I scream more at Longhorn games and they suck. The Texans I just always expect to lose somehow so I really don't care.

Rockets- HARDCORE fan. I can't sit still during any game, always yelling, jumping, etc.

I quit listening to AM radio due to all of the lame ass Texans talk. The same stuff is repeated over and over and over all friggin' week. It made me almost hate the team so I went full time Sirius.

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Were you born in Texas? Come on, man. Football is and always will be KING in this city/state.

NBA talk always picks up when the NFL season is over. I don't think any NFL city is talking about the first NBA preseason game right now.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I think Clutch is turning off the GARM and making this a football site to increase local hits in February.

6. ILoveWhiteGirls

Don't talk until you have one of these on you.

[​IMG]

7. Scionxa

I was but maybe I'm not a true texan. I don't enjoy Football as much as basketball & this one is going to sting, but I don't think Whataburger is the second coming of jesus christ.

8. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

ya i love lance and adam but it's nonstop texans talk, at least at the times i'm listening. they acknowledge it though, that people get pissed when they go off football topics. "yeah yeah ok we'll get back to the nfl..."

it's not as annoying when the texans aren't losing

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

They texans could be 2-14 and and they would get more conversation than the rockets.

10. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I love the Rockets just as much as the next on here, but this is football season in football country. Hell, the Rockets haven't even played a preseason game yet. Clutch's coverage of camp has been BEYOND solid, more than you'd ever get from some talk radio host. So there's really no need to complain as of yet.

If you're a born and raised Texan, and claim to "not be into football." You may be suffering from that Low-T disorder that they're always promoting on sports radio. Go and get your testosterone checked, it only takes 30 minutes. ;)

11. Scionxa

I heard the host got his checked in 26 minutes! With centers in the woodlands, green way plaza, and other convenient Houston area locations.

That may be the problem. EXCEPT, I'm not even in my mid-20's yet :p

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

The NFL is a juggernaut...not just in Texas, but throughout the US at this point. More so than ever.

I heard it said before,and it's correct....NFL football isn't just America's favorite sport...it's America's favorite entertainment option.

Check TV ratings...at the end of the year, they'll compile the most watched programs, and the NFL will have like 5 or 6 out of the top 10 most watched for the year. That's insane. No other sport comes close to that.

13. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

College Football > NFL, every day, all day.

14. ILoveWhiteGirls

Someone REP THIS MAN!!!!

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

The NFL is 1/4th into it's regular season and the NBA preseason hasn't even started yet.

And I don't think you can discount the CSN factor. People want to talk about the team they can actually watch on TV.

16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Disagree. With the playoff system coming...maaaybee.

Fantasy football takes the NFL to another level.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm just waiting for the NFL to kill itself with rule changes and player safety. It's only a matter of time. Thank god for NBA podcasts.

18. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

It's easier to be an NFL fan than an NBA fan. It is very difficult to keep up with a team who plays several times per week. I like the Texans and the NFL, but the Rockets were my first love. They will always be number one over the NFL or MLB.

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

They just released the network rating numbers for "premier week"... where all the networks hard work on developing shows, paying actors/writers, and all that hype in the summer leading up to the new seasons is supposed to pay off.

The NFL "games of the week" (Sunday 3pm, and Sunday night) absolutely crushed them. It wasn't even close. It's now as if there are very few "non" football fans. Everybody watches it.

20. Poloshirtbandit

Yup. Unless the Rockets or Astros are in the playoffs it's pretty much gonna be football talk year round.