1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rafer Alston's 2009 "Bricklaying" Preseason

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by cjstukenholtz, Oct 26, 2009.

1. cjstukenholtz

cjstukenholtz Member

I think that if you looked at his stats for this preseason, it should make most everyone on this board feel happy to see that he's not wearing a Rocket uniform anymore, right? I also think that the same would hold true for the Orlando Magic fans as well as far as them not seeing him wearing an Orlando Magic uniform is concerned. :D

Well, anyways, here's the link if you care to see the stat line on Rafer Alston for the 2009 preseason that concluded.

Link-->http://www.nba.com/nets/stats/

2. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

He is pure garbage. The only thing is doing right is the 5.6 assists

3. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

CDR had a great preseason, always thought he fell too far in the draft but looks like he'll make that Nets rotation.

4. sw847

sw847 Member

That is definitely not a good preseason...<10% on 3 point shots :eek:

In all honestly though, I reckon he played pretty well in olando, especially in the playoffs. I felt that he really helped that team, in terms of leadership and running the offense. In fact I am among the minority here on the board that i actually did not mind him when he was a rocket. the problem i had with him was that he is not a starting point guard for any team, contender or not. He is better off coming of the bench. he is not a good shooter, in fact quite a bad one, but he is among the top guards in terms of passing and running the offense. I think he is actually gonna do well on the nets coming off the bench for harris. To actually just run the offense and settle some of the younger guys down on the court. Anyway just my thoughts.

back to the rafer bashing....

5. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

The saddest thing about Rafer is that in the time he played here, we really needed him. Man, how times have changed. Thank-you Morey.

6. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

He's a decent defender that doesn't turnover the ball(except for his misses), but he can't finish or shoot.

Will Conroy is better than Rafer.

7. 1individual

1individual Member

Rafer is a good defender. He's also tough on the court. But his poor shooting skills deter everyone.

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Isn't a distributor more valuable than a scorer? :p

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Hah...not one that sucks as bad as Rafer.....lol.

DD

10. HPD

HPD Member

skip-to-my-lou

11. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Wow, the guy is playing elsewhere like most wanted and he still gets trashed on this board.

12. GermanRoxFan

GermanRoxFan Member

why the hate? :confused:

the class some so called fans on this board show is amazing.

makes me wonder if all those injury problems we have to face every year might have something to do with it. bad karma...

13. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

You know, there are reasons why Rafer has been in the league this long.

He's never been a great scorer but that doesn't mean he isn't a useful player. I wouldn't mind having Rafer as a backup PG in the future.

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I wish we could have had him against the Lakers in the playoffs. Brooks and Lowry were good at times in that series, and bad at other times. Alston could have been a real help in keeping the team running when Brooks panicked. Who knows what might have happened then.

This season, Alston wouldn't be appropriate to the team anyway. So, he might have left the team a few months too early, but he did need to move on soon.

Anyway, the haters don't know how good they had it. He wasn't great shooting the ball, but Skip brought so much to the team that many people don't appreciate.

15. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

LMAO, take it easy. If all this is due to bad karma from fans, then the Lakers should be nowhere near this good and the Jazz shouldn't be making the playoffs for so many years. Plus, its the internet anyways. I rarely see class shown on message boards.

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

You deserve infinite rep for this astute post. The only thing that could improve it is to state how much better CDR will be than Brandon Rush.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Wow! 1-12 from 3 point land is Baaaad.

Carl Landry could probably have a better percentage.

18. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

19. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I hate rafer

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

c'mon everybody goes thru dryspells.......rafer is poised for a breakout season shooting-wise......he might even crack 38% this year (from 2pt land)...

1 person likes this.