1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Racial disparity: All active ethics probes focus on black lawmakers only

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by BetterThanEver, Nov 3, 2009.

1. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

The House ethics committee is only investigating black lawmakers. I highly doubt that there is not one single white lawmaker with questionable dealings. I also highly doubt every corrupt politician is black. It's blatant racism.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1109/29055.html

2. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed.
    [​IMG]

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm a bit shocked by it, but don't know what substantive thing to say about it.

4. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Well, just like a UFO sighting, I'm gonna see if there may be a rational alternate explanation for this.

It's likely that black politicians are less wealthy than whites on average, and due to gerrymandering they may come from districts with lots of low-income, politically disengaged blacks which allow for long incumbencies and entrenched power structures. It's also possible that they've run out of white Congressmen to investigate, partly due to the wave of convictions over the last few years and the party shift that brought in a whole mess of new white congressmen.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

uh huh

Rocket River
    . . . . the least . . . ..

6. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

This was an important paragraph...

(I guess that means white pols are criminal while black pols are merely unethical.)

Anyway, here's a link to the WaPo story the article references...

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=176343

7. edwardc

edwardc Member

Makes you say hummmmmmm.

8. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Still too lazy or stupid to actually rebut the points in my argument, rather than dredge up some old cheap shot? Glad we're back to this again.

9. Landlord Landry

it's not thatthey are all black folx.

there all democrats.

big difference.

LL.

theres anexplonation.
    ........wtfeverman......