1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Questions you would like to ask Daryl Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rokman, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Rokman

Rokman Member

Clutch,

If we were to compile a list of questions for you that we would like you to ask Morey could you use them in your interviews with them? I think everyone here would get a big kick out of knowing you asked their question especially if you used their name.

Example: "Rokman from Clutchfans wants to know, if you could get back one player you have had to trade away, who would that be?".

Obviously, that question is a little personal and would probably hurt some feelings out there and may reveal his hand to some degree so its probably not the best question to ask but I would love to hear his response.

Clutchfans,

What questions would y'all like to have asked?

2. Rokman

Rokman Member

Correction: *Him not them

3. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I don't think he needs to say usernames to preface the question, would take too long lol

4. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Why won't you hire me!?

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I've been asking for a feature on their training for a while now...we always get similar features, but rarely get anything on their training. I can't remember anything significant, since Yao was still playing. I'd like for clutch, friedman, anyone, to do something on that. I think it would be interesting to see how they train throughout the year. Perhaps they can also do one on one features where they follow a player through their workout, post workout meal, and a Q & A.

1 person likes this.
  6. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

I feel like most specific questions I would really want to ask Daryl Morey would revolve around his methodology for assessing late round talent and which particular player traits and statistical patterns he and his staff like to focus on. In other words, the things that are essentially Rockets trade secrets that could jeopardize Houston's ability to draft well and stay competitive in the future. So pretty touchy stuff to be asking and for him to be answering frankly to begin with.

If anything lighter comes to mind, I'll post it.

7. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

Whats the update on royce and what do you plan to do about him.

8. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

how would you like all your hater's crow to be cooked before they eat it?

9. Ji Li

Ji Li New Member

Dear Morey, if time goes back to 1984, according to your unique analysis system, if you have the first pick in the draft, who will you choose, Hakeem Abdul Olajuwon or Michael Jordan?

10. CertifiedTroll

I would ask him which clutchfan posters he would like to send computer viruses

11. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

"Is TOROCAN your ClutchFans user name?"

12. Rokman

Rokman Member

Nice!! That would be a GREAT question! Lol

13. Rokman

Rokman Member

Awesome question! I would like to know who he shows to be the top 5 players of all time.

14. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

I could be wrong, but I think Morey at some point said that based on the information that was out there at the time the Rockets made a good pick and that he (likely) would have drafted Hakeem as well.

--

I would like to know:

1.) If Morey regrets not going after a certain player via trade or in free agency. Anything recently?

2.) Where he draws the line between elite/foundation player and very good players. How many "foundation" players does he think there currently are?

3.) With Llull recent extension do the Rockets still think there's a decent chance he'll come over in the near future? Will his buyout be a possible issue?

4.) If the Knicks had matched Lin, what would have been the follow up move? Were they worried at all about not having anybody half-decent at PG? Were the Rockets one of the teams that reportedly were willing to offer (near) MLE money to (one of) the top Euroleague PGs?

5.) He once talked on the Jonah Keri podcast about how much difference a coach can make and that it's harder for coaches to make a difference the higher % of games a team wins. (Morey said he believes if you factor in everything a coach does, it's possible for a coach to be the difference from taking a 25 win team to 30 wins, but not taking a 60 win team to 65 wins).
    Do they have a certain metric where they try to rank coaches? How big a difference does he think there is between the best and worst coach in the NBA?

15. Illegal Machine

I'd like to ask him the following questions:

Do you love this s***?

Are you high right now?

Do you ever get nervous?

Are you single?

I heard you f***** your girl, is it true?

You gettin' money?

You think them n***** you with is with you?

I have a feeling I know what his answers would be.

1 person likes this.
  16. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Why did you sign delfino?

17. CXbby

CXbby Member

Because he's a ****ing boss. Next question.

18. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Lmao!

19. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

How many years can you go without winning a championship b4 being fired?

20. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

This would be interesting.