1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Question on Colorado's new mar1juana laws

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by mc mark, Jan 3, 2014.

1. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Serious question: Now that pot is legal in the state will Colorado release all non-violent drug offenders? I haven't read anything about that.

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I would think not but good question.

3. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

I would guess they are "grandfathered" in.

4. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

all misdemeanor cases after the vote were dropped but there was no retroactive clause to remove the record of prior offenders.

in other words they broke the law when it was against the law and are offered no leniency

5. mc mark

So some of these people who got "20 years to life" for growing or whatever probably won't have a chance to get out until some kind of parole hearing.

Harsh

6. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Life on the farm can still get you life on the p-farm.

You're not talking about casual tokers. You're talking about dangerous criminals. Even the new laws require serious bail if you possess serious bales, or should I say that the bail grows with the more bales grown.

#6 thumbs, Jan 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  7. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Those are different laws for a far wider array of different acts; I think that's clear enough for this to not be a serious question.

8. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Kinda of funny. When I attended CU, the school cared more (significantly more) about underaged drinking than they didn about pot. As long as you had under a quarter, they would just take it from you and 'flush it.'

9. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

all the pot shops combined made a million bucks in sales on the first day.

talk about a BUNCH of dollars that can be taxed now (and those dollars are flowing from all over the western US).

washington, colorado and a few states have decriminalized pot - wonder what the status quo on vanquishing mar1juana charges is?

10. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Right? I went to CSU and it was the same thing. We would go smoke with you guys on 4/20 and watch all of the Po surrounding. Good times.

Cops were dead set on ending parties and giving out MIPs for anyone who had a beer on them or near them. It was ridiculous. I remember my buddy who was pre-med had his license suspended because he was at a party and was ticketed upon walking out when the police came. They made an example of him for having a few drinks.

I think this is where my respect for 5-0 went downhill.

11. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I didn't have time to search for a more appropriate thread, but since this one deals with punishment...

I came across this from a friend (unknown source):

"For those who haven't heard, Washington State just passed two laws - legalized gay marriage and legalized mar1juana.

The fact that gay marriage and mar1juana were legalized on the same day makes perfect biblical sense, because Leviticus 20:13 says: "If a man lies with another man they should be stoned."

We just hadn't interpreted it correctly before."

1 person likes this.
  12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Bible prophecy fulfilled!

13. mc mark

Hey!

Colorado Governor Set To Release Those Convicted On mar1juana Related Charges, Expunge Records

Gov. John W. Hickenlooper (D) has proposed a bill that would have a major impact on the criminal justice system. Under the new bill, convicts currently serving time on mar1juana related charges will be released and the crime expunged from their records.

In Colorado alone, more than 10,000 people were arrested annually for mar1juana possession according to a recent study by researchers with the mar1juana Arrest Research Project, a drug policy-reform group. The study finds that Colorado has seen 240,000 mar1juana possession arrests in the state over the past 25 years with nearly a quarter of all arrests coming in the five years between 2006 and 2010.