1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

QFTOS: Delusional Lakers fans getting boners over an LA-HOU playoff matchup

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, Jul 12, 2013.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

There's a thread on the LakersGround forum that was so funny I felt I should post some of the comments here so that we could all point and giggle and the sheer butthurtedness...

And then, the voices of reason check in:

1 person likes this.
  2. PainNoLove

PainNoLove Member

Why would they want to do that to themselves?

3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

They are just a little salty. They aren't used to having to rebuild the normal way nor are they used to have "off" seasons. They may fight for the eighth seed but I can't see us being the one seed quite yet.

I really hope that no big named free agents go there way and I hope that they are the 9th seed. Let them feel what it is like to be below average without bottoming out in the best year to be bad. I'd like the team a lot more if all the band wagoners jumped off. There are some real die hards but they are overshadowed by the Kobe only fans.

4. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Member

how cute, they think they can make the playoffs

5. BeardlyBeardman

Awesome. They don't realize their team fell apart yet. Some probably assume they'll get Lebron mid season or something.

6. Matthieu

Matthieu Member

they think they'll make the playoffs ? ok ...

7. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Lol I will be completely surprised if they make the playoffs.

8. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Thats what you get when a bunch of fans have been deluded by the ongoing ESPN narrative that tells us that Kobe Bryant is a god-like superhuman who can beat the biology of the human body thru sheer willpower.

He had one of the worst tendon tears an older athlete can have, and there are Kobe fans out there(and here) who actually think he will be back to normal by Christmas.

yeah, good luck with that one guys.:rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  9. jocar

jocar Member

Hahaaaaaa!
    *South Park licking tears.gif*

10. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

Wasn't MWP amnestied?

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

enough with the lakers fans crap... there are some actual smart, logical nice ones... it's just the rude haters that are loud and misrepresent. We have our jerks too.

12. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

Damn, they are REALLY delusional.

13. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Member

People witness Adrian Peterson make a miraculous recovery back from ACL surgery and don't realize a.) how no one else in history has ever done what he did, and b.) how much worse than an ACL tear that an Achilles tear is.

Achilles tears are practically two year rehabs to get back to playability status. We have seen it with how long Demeco Ryans took to get back to serviceable status. Even then, he will never again be the player he was prior to his Achilles tear.

Kobe is the same way. He could take all the roids, HGH, and German genetic engineering injections he wants and he will not ever be the player he was before his Achilles ever again.

14. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

1. Spurs
    2. Thunder
    3. Clippers
    4. Rockets
    5. Warriors
    6. Grizzlies
    7. Nuggets
    8. Timberwolves

Don't sleep on Minnesota. That team is deep with the additions of K-Mart and Corey Brewer.

Let's give the Lakers the benefit of the doubt and say they make 8th seed. That means they're projecting us to be the top seed or 2nd at worst. LOL

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

I hope Kobe reinjures his tendon again so 50% of LA's fanbase can go hang themselves. Most of them are Kobe only fans.

16. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

Slowly realizing that the feeling of entitlement is among my all time biggest pet peeves.

...interesting

17. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

I understand you don't mean this literally, but im obligated to post this for a few reasons below
    1. I never wish an injury on a player. I tore both of my ACLs over a span of 3 years and the recovery was mentally and physically draining
    2. LA fans suck... they really do. Worse than Yankee fans and Cowboy fans, but hanging... common

18. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

There's a guy on there that actually thinks they can contend for a title. lmao

19. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Member

That thread had me literally shaking my head with muted laughter.

20. rocketblood713