1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Put Yourself in Harden's Shoes, Would You Be Mad Too?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vator, Dec 7, 2020.

?

Does Harden Have a Right to be Mad?

1. Yes...Tilman is ruining this organization

27 vote(s)
    24.5%
  2. No...just play basketball

11 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. It doesn't matter what has happened, he should have reported to camp.

72 vote(s)
    65.5%
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Then gigolo or callboi is the occupation for you.

Millionaire hags are your clients.

[​IMG]

fchowd0311 likes this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Unfortunately I don't have the thicc ass and hips to attract those who can throw 40 million at me.

daywalker02 likes this.
  3. larsv8

larsv8 Member

I dont need to be in his shoes to be furious with this organization.

I am checked out too on this **** show.

vator likes this.
  4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I think Morey was the last straw.

I think Morey leaving was more surprising than Harden wanting to leave. I knew everyone's going to be gone once Morey quit like that.

csnerd84, DaDakota and vator like this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

What if I give you 40 million?

Would you be a little happier?

6. lionaire

lionaire Member

#FreeHarden

7. HillBoy

HillBoy Member

Not gonna happen. The genie was let out of the bottle when LBJ decided to "take his talents to South Beach". Since then he's jumped three times winning rings at each stop. THAT is now the new normal. And, in spite of winning a ring in SA, Kawhi always wanted to go back home to LA but to his credit he did go to Toronto and help them win a championship. Also, Kawhi was always up front with Toronto about his desires. As for AD, who can blame him for wanting out of the dumpster fire that was/is the Pelicans? He was there 7 years and, like Harden, wanted to win a championship because that is the new standard and saw no indication that would ever happen in NO. That's where Harden now finds himself at this stage in his career. The days of a star player sticking with a franchise to the bitter end of his career without winning a title are gone. I've been expecting this from Harden because he wants that ring just like every other star player and does not want to wind up like Charles Barkley - being endlessly mocked because he never won a ring. Expect the next star to move to be Giannis from the Bucks. The folks here b****ing at Tillman are missing the point - this is on D'Antoni, Alexander (for hiring D'Antoni) and Morey for his directionless management of the Rockets. It sucks but that's just the nature of the beast.

8. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Member

I don't blame Harden for being frustrated. Morey, MDA, and Westbrook are all gone. He probably doesn't feel that much of a connection to this team anymore. And if he wants to win a ring and doesn't think it's going to happen here wanting to be traded to another team is just a natural instinct. Who wants to stay on a sinking ship? A team and its star can have different goals.

I would hope that he would have enough professionalism to fulfill his obligations to the team. But if his is going to hold out at least make sure the team is clear about it. Don't pretend that you'll show up to practice or an individual workout and then ghost. Why waste your new teammates' or the coaching staff's time like that? He's known some of the people in the front office and the coaching staff for years. If I'm breaking up with a girl I'm under no legal obligation to give her an explanation, but I'm going to do it because she deserves to know it's over. People act like NBA stars don't need to be considerate or professional just because they have leverage.

DVauthrin likes this.
  9. larsv8

larsv8 Member

I've been in high paying jobs where I wasn't happy and happiness always wins. He can get 40 million anywhere.

daywalker02 likes this.
  10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

So I'm assuming you are a Harden only fan?

11. pass_to_Hakeem

That’s it... he is a professional idc what his Mom wrote , he is acting FAR from a professional!!!!

and I read somewhere in a post the other dah about his work ethic being up there with Kobe’s..lmaooooooooooooooo not in a million years!! Kobe had his Diva moments and off the court issues but he out worked Harden in 1 hour to Harden’s entire career. Not even close. Kobe had the rings to back up his dedication

fchowd0311 likes this.
  12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I don't care honestly, this is all posturing, and it is the modern NBA.

When you cater to the star players, what do you expect when they start whining or wanting out? They are supposed to suddenly shut up and just ball?

He has a contract, he has to honor it - if he is a couple of days late - so what?

DD

MrButtocks and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

You should watch this interview. It gives great insight on how Kobe peecieved partying and training. He said joining the league at 18 helped him with his work ethic because he wasn't allowed to go with his teammates to night clubs and strip clubs and he took that as a way to get a competitive advantage as he would workout during those times his teammates went out. That gave him the mental conditioning to get used to not wanting to go to those places when he was of legal age.

His mentality was completely different from Harden's. They are two completely different humans.

MrButtocks likes this.
  14. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Member

Dude simply played the business side of the game wrong.

If he wanted more "say so" in the franchise, he should have gone the Lebron/Durant route and signed a one or two year contract... only re-upping if off-season acquisitions improved the team and met his goals.

He opted for security and unfortunately for him, frustration is a part of that. Can't have it both ways.

That said, I'm down for shipping him out if the price is right.

DVauthrin likes this.
  15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Bad poll options. He might be rightfully mad but he helped make his own bed. At that point you have to deal with reality and not run away from it.

Handling his feud with Tilman this way is disrespectful of Stephen Silas, John Wall, Christian Wood, and his NBA brotherhood who never did anything to him. Not to mention the fans, who he is losing very quickly.

JayGoogle and fchowd0311 like this.
  16. mtbrays

mtbrays Member
    Supporting Member

He has very little reason to be mad. He is the one who clashed with Chris Paul and made their situation untenable, teamed up with our hot-headed owner to force Morey to sell the farm for one year of Russell Westbrook, soured that relationship and then demanded a trade. Yes, there are reasons to be upset at Tilman for how he treated D'Antoni and Morey and how he refused to spend around the margins. None of that matters compared to ruining personal relationships with three "super star" teammates and partying in Las Vegas during the middle of a global pandemic that is killing thousands of Americans per day.

He's an aloof *******. But he was our ******* for eight years and this is how he's decided to burn the bridge with the only fanbase that liked him at all. We overlooked the polarizing style of play, the consistent playoff duds and general ambivalence about anything other than the after party at Dreams. Good luck finding that anywhere else.

I wish Stone would pull a Kawhi/Toronto trade and ship him off somewhere he doesn't want to be for two seasons. He has no leverage because of his contract.

wolstein, fchowd0311 and napalm06 like this.
  17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'm going to have to sleep on this and not react this quickly, this way, but this is ringing true. He's always been very aloof and never open or demonstrative. He works incredibly hard, and is very generous with his wealth, but he does not do anything to earn anyone else's love or respect. It's just the way he has always been. Quiet, aloof guy that just does him and lets everything else happen around him.

mtbrays likes this.
  18. mtbrays

mtbrays Member
    Supporting Member

It's an admittedly hot take. But, I can't overlook how disliked he is among other fans and how that even seems to trickle down to other players. Yes, they voted him as the MVP over Steph one year. But, ever since then, he's consistently one of the last-picked guys during the All Star game and he's now run three other high-profile names out of town while, so far, ignoring a fourth in John Wall who seems to be well-liked by other guys and genuinely wants to compete after two years of injuries.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  19. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Member

I don’t fault superstars for feeling that way. What I do find fault with is this trend of superstars under contract holding their current organizations hostage by not showing up to work in order to force a trade.

If any superstar wants to leave their team to ring chase after their contract expires, I have absolutely no problem with it. If an NBA superstar is willing to forego all the money left on his current contract to be waived and accept the best deal another team offers him, that’s also fine. It’s not fine to not show up to work and still get paid your salary. There is absolutely no deterrent for this behavior in the NBA right now, and that’s a problem. I agree with you it’s not going away, and the NBA needs to address it through rules and punishments.

Also, Kawhi was up front with the Raptors after he held the Spurs’ organization hostage the year before. As for Davis, he had a year and a half remaining on his contract when he and Rich Paul tried to force the Pelicans to immediately trade him to the Lakers.

#79 DVauthrin, Dec 7, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
  20. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

HONK HONK

coachbadlee likes this.