1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Props Go To BOKI

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AMS, Apr 23, 2004.

1. AMS

AMS Member

Been waiting all year for this one...

GO BOKI

Through out the season I thought that Boki was going to be another wasted 1st rounder like Collier. But deep down I had hope and always urged for him to have a meaningful appearance in a game. This game he seemed real involved. For the 10-15 minutes that he did play he worked his butt off to play some nice D, went after boards, and even helped bring the ball up the court. The 3 was a nice sweetner too. Just had to give props to my boy...

See you in Game 4 Boki, bring your A game, we got ur back.....

:)

2. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Member

FREE BOKI NACHBAR

3. xiki

xiki Member

Maybe the fellow will make a breakout year for himself next season. Go Boki!

4. Rileydog

Rileydog Member

Boki has earned some degree of respect from Van Gundy. I expect that his role will increase next year and he will help take some of the load off JJ. I no longer question whether Boki has the skill set. He has a good shot and can dribble well and get to hte rim. He just needs playing time to learn the ebb, flow and timing of the game. In the offseason, he will be our upgrade at teh 3 spot. We will focus on the power forward position.

5. daoshi

daoshi Member

I can see a "Sale high" thread coming.;)

6. saleem

saleem Member

If he can learn how to make the outside shot with some consistency he will get a lot of minutes next year.
    I was pleased to see him being productive tonight.

7. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

I have to say I was very very surprised and pleased with boki's play tonight. I was never that impressed with his style and shot selection, but tonight I guess I'm going to have to eat my words. His play made me see what other fans of his see. Let's hope it continues.
    GO ROCKETS!!!!! and boki too!

8. AMS

AMS Member

Yep, It seemed to me too that his outside shot does need some work, Most people you can tell the shot is exactly what you want it to look like when it leaves the hands, but with Boki it seemed a little forced/hesitated. But nonetheless playoff experiance is what can get him ready for the regular season battle field.

9. ROCS4LIFE

ROCS4LIFE Member

Nachbar kinda reminded me of Manuel Ginobili, and that's not bad ! GO BOKI ! keep it up !

10. Dave2000

Dave2000 Member

Boki gets MAJOR props from me. Cato also should get a standing ovation because he FINISHED the third qtr LIMPING and got a important offensive rebound towards the end of the game.

11. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Member

Yeah i feel like Boki never really had a chance, what did espn say earlier in the broadcast like Boki played 14 games in his rookie season and the majority of these minutes came during garbage time (either a blowout loss or victory) from what i can recall. He plays with energy which is needed, the two offensive fouls he caused the lakers to commit was great. I feel that given more time, he can build up much more confidence and be a special player for this team in the future. Remember Peja Stojakavic slowly improved each and every year for the kings as he got more confident, now I am not saying Boki is going to reach the level Peja is at, but with the european players it will take time for them to develop. It would have been scary if we still had EG and if all three (yao,boki and eg) made huge strides by their 5 and 6 seasons repsectively while maintaing the backcourt of steve and cat.
    I am happy at the way boki played tonight and if he cant bring that hustle to game 4 it will be awesome.

Now if he was able to just throw that alley oop down I would have just woken up the neighbors with my hooting and hollering

12. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

heh.....

finally people are starting to see why I have been a Boki fan all season.

Welcome to the Boki Bandwagon guys...plenty of room...dont crowd...;)

Just wait till he gets some more playoff experience and a full offseason working with Vg and the guys...

He is exactly what we need for our SForward.....

Good job Rockets...good job fans...

this was the best game in years..:D:D:D

13. Pat

Pat Member

The way Boki filled in for the injured Jackson, I thought a legend was in the making. But with the benefit of hindsite, he only made one shot (a three and important at the time I'll admit), got fouled and played mediocre defense. He was often beat by his man. Hardlu a commanding performance. He still needs work. A lot of it.

Though I was impressed that JVG let him stay in when JJ returned. He also let him start the quarter, then took him out 30 seconds into it. I figure that was so he had a chance at some applause.

14. Uprising

Uprising Member

Amen R2K. I have been a huge fan of Boki since we got him.

The guy was great tonight in his limited minutes.

15. sums41

sums41 Member

Not to brag, but which real boki fan here has a real boki rockets jersey autographed by boki himself? I do.:)

16. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Member

Boki deserved and earned

17. AMS

AMS Member

I got a poster of just him in my room... only other things i have up are dream shirt/ball autographed, and Francis poster...

:cool:

18. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Member

Someone's drunk

19. sums41

sums41 Member

Cool.:)

20. glcpimp

glcpimp Member

Its funny how ppl say not to do something (not to brag), but they really have the full intention of doing it anyway:D