1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Predictions for the New Houston Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sleepyazn, Jul 8, 2013.

1. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

Well we should start with a 54+ win season at least. Assuming Asik isn't moved, Rockets would have 48 straight minutes of immense defense so that should translate into wins. Of course turnovers would be reduced as well since Dwight's hands aren't made of bricks like Asik's was. So 54+, for me is a good expected number of wins.

I expect T.Jones to start at power forward. T-Jones will have a breakout season and will be in the rising star game this year.
    12 points-8 rebounds-1.5 blocks-1.0 steal is my predicted stat line for him.

D-Mo will be his back up and be moderately decent with his new found girth(I still can't tell if he just gotten fat or he actually put on muscle), will see some amazing post moves once every two games but he won't be consistent. Greg Smith will disappear somewhere but back up PF/Center positions depending on the match ups(*cough*Blake Griffin*cough*)

Chandler Parsons won't regress and his shooting would be even better, especially three point shooting and free throws. His overall shooting percentage will stay around the same.
    16 points-6 rebounds-5 assists-40% from three

Casspi is going to suck. That's all.

Dwight only going to play 30-35 minutes a game. He's gonna be a dominant defensive force and average over 3 blocks a game for the first time in his career. His post game will still be wonky but he's gonna insist on doing it so fans will grow to hate it when he tries but eventually will get better at it. Pick and roll will be completely devastating. Still sucks at free throw shooting but manages a respectable 60%. Expect him to force himself into the pregame ritual with Lin-Harden-Parsons.
    23 points-13 rebounds-3.2 blocks
    Wins defensive player of the year

Yeah Rockets won't be shipping off Asik just yet. Now some might call me crazy with all the recent rumors of Asik wanting to move and all that. But we haven't heard anything from the actual Rocket's organization but just one dude tweeting. That one dude was also insisting that Dwight wanted to join the Warriors up in till the last minute which then he proceeded to state Asik wasn't happy so yeah he was totally credible(This is sarcasm, I know some of you can't understand it). Asik will come off the bench for about 22 minutes a game. Stats will decline especially offensively but excellent rebounding and defense will be present.
    5 points-7 rebounds-1.5 blocks

James Harden will still be in the top 5 scorers. His turnovers will decrease but he'll still be in the top ten(bottom half though). His offensive efficiency will go up and his beard will still be bearding. His :grin:Eurostep:grin: will be seen once more and opposing fans will still complain about him getting too many freethrows. Expecting a 46-39-88 shooting split from the Beard. Oh yeah, people will still complain about his defense but he will be better.
    25.8 points-6.5 assists-4 rebounds-2.0 steals-3.0 turnovers

Garcia will be Garcia. Light it up from three point range in the first quarter and then disappear on offense. Defense will still be good and people will remember him as a less funny Delfino.

Jeremy Lin will be our starting point guard. People will still either love him too much or hate him too much. Will have a much more consistent start this year. Three point shooting will pick off to around 39% and people will still ***** about it. Turnovers will be down and assists will go up. Might incorporate a better floater. Shooting splits of 48-39-83.
    15 points-7.8 assists-2 rebounds-1.8 steals-2.6 turnovers

Beverly will be our sixth man and really provide positive impact of the bench. Will see a lot more of the 3 guard rotation with Lin-Beverly-Harden. Beverly will hustle as always and just be plain old Beverly. His overall shooting percentage should increase. Canaan won't be around much since he's D-League material at best.

And that's my prediction of the Rockets. Top five offense and top 13 defense. Will make it to the second round at the very least.