1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Predictions for the #15 and #37 picks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SuperS32, May 26, 2002.

1. SuperS32

SuperS32 Member

I'm pretty sure the Rockets will be looking for a SF @ #15, and I've heard they like Nachbar. But Jarrod Jeffries has gotten a LOT bigger since the tourney ended and he could be an interesting pick if he slides. They could also trade up using KT, but I doubt it.

As for the #37, the Rockets will probably look for the best player available, like, oh, i don't know, a backup SG. Maybe one that can shoot 3's, plays good defense, has already played against tough ACC competition, went to the franchise player's Alma Mater, proven winner, won an NCAA title.... :D . Thoughts?

2. Believe2000

Believe2000 Member

What picks do we actually have? I thought we only had the 54.

Man if we could get dixon in the 2nd rd. that would be a miracle...

3. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i believe we currently have the 53. however, i read in the chronicle today that we can switch with miami's 2nd round pick at 38 if we so choose. the only reason not to is if miami for some reason would give us something else to not make the switch. and technically 38 is 37 b/c they are still starting the 2nd round at 30 even though there are only 28 first round picks thanks to minnesota.

4. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I think I like Jefferies better than Nachbar at this point but I have faith in Rudy and CD to make the right choice on who ever they pick at 15. If our SF situation has been resolved by the 15th pick or if Rudy and CD think that they can get Lewis in free agency then I think I would go with Jeri Welsch the Euro guard that is suppose to be so good at defense.

For 37 (38) I think I would take someone like Nenad Krstic an 18 year old 7 footer that plays PF and C. He is suppose to have tons of talent. I would not mind drafting him and then leaving him in Europe for a couple of years to develope.