1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Posting in Chinese in the GARM

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Marsarinian, Aug 5, 2008.

1. yuantian

yuantian Member

i understand what you are trying to do. but if you don't want people to generalize Chinese as a group, then you shouldn't tell them to follow certain behavior online. if everyone does what you said, that's when real generalization happens. just act like yourself, then you are fine.

also, keep in mind that a lot Chinese posters that grew up here don't speak Chinese that well. they can act stupid, but that doesn't mean they can't be articulate in English.

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

Just wanted to point out that you actually have no rights here except for what Clutch chooses to give you. While this site is hosted in the US it is not a public site and is private cyber property. You, me and everyone else is here is at the grace of Clutch.

3. rfila

rfila Member

A few thoughts:

1)Cluth made it clear it is an English forum. But he probably does not feel it his priority to make it a "Chines free" forum, nor is it practically possible. That is why he said "report the ones that consistently post in Chinese."

2) I do not see "a surge" in using Chinese in this forum as the OP claimed. As far as I am concerned, it has been at or below the level of "noise", I use the term "noise" to mean something different from the "standard one", not necessary in a negative way.

3) I don't understand some posters here try to make a big deal out of it by unnecessarily single out their own people. Do they really think, by doing so, they can get some respect within their own people or outside their own people? The truth is no, not a chance.

4. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

here's the visualization of judoka's statement:

[​IMG]

5. yuantian

yuantian Member

i said earlier, as long as within rules. we are not just talking about chinese/english anymore. besides, you can try to do a bunch of stupid stuff. no one can stop you, until clutch bans you.

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

That's the point, until Clutch bans you. Clutch is a busy guy so he can't patrol this site constantly but what people are missing is that this is Clutch's site and we are essentially here in his site as guest of Clutch. Now a guest can be invited into someone's house and while the host is in the kitchen start doing a bunch of stupid things but the host is certainly entitled to kick out that guest once he finds out. My point is that for people thinking they can do whatever they want to the point of getting kicked out a good guest won't even consider being an @ss to the hosts and other guests.

This isn't just a matter of obeying the rules but being in general respectful to the host. Now Clutch isn't vindictive and generally lets things go, that is what makes this a good site, but we should never lose sight of the fact that we are guests.

7. MacFu

MacFu Member

What are you talking about? Who has attacked the OP? You talked like there is a wave of attacks on the OP from the Chinese posters? So where are the attacks? Please quote the attack posts. The first post which has a name called is post #36 which is by mlwoo which is always speaking on the side against Chinese. And for all I know, he has said he is not Chinese. So what's up with the Chinese attacking the OP that you have talked about? You have been trying tremendously hard and using all your efforts to make a point that the Chinese posters are rude and they use insults to attack the OP in this thread. It's time for you to clarify and I am waiting.

8. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Member

Well there were some attack post they were removed by Clutch as they were insulting.

9. yuantian

yuantian Member

i don't think there is a rule saying that Chinese posters always have to argue in an intelligent way. that's what he was trying to advocate earlier. my point is, as long as it's within rules. so what if some of them act/say stupid stuff. none of his business. why would he be embarrassed about stuff other people do?

10. abita

abita Member

OMG, are you serious? life must be hard on you.

11. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

How does that respond to his point?

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Quoted for being a beautiful sentiment from a respected member that also happens to be the truth.

[​IMG]

Pay attention!

#92 Deckard, Aug 6, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  13. Why So Serious?

I guess the way I put it is like if I go watch a Rockets game in SA and me and 8 other people are the only Rockets fans there. If the other 8 rockets fans are doing inconsiderate stuff like trying to start fights, acting dumb, been very inconsiderate to others, stuff like that, I would be embarrassed because fellow Rockets fans are acting in such a way and the people in SA would start think all Rockets fans acts like that even tho those people are only a minority of Rockets fans.

14. DaRock1

DaRock1 Member

Did you quote my post by mistake?

I will give you the benefit of doubt. Please clarify what you tried to say in the above post so it will become more meaningful to me. I hope you can prove to me that you are more smart than your post shows.

15. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

Me more smarter than you.

16. DaRock1

DaRock1 Member

You would be a genius if it is true. But too bad it's far from the truth. Look int he mirror and take a look at what yourself really is. :D

17. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Member

σξοαφοξαφηφοφ!! οαοσδφοδσηοαηανωκλνασπσο!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

[​IMG]

18. JustLynCHN

JustLynCHN Member

I will keep away from my mother tongue here and alway post in English(although my English is so poor :D ).
    If you want others to accept you, you should respect him/her first, so I can't agree more with what OP said.

Sorry if some Chinese "noise" disturbed you,all of my friends, and best wishes to ClutchCity and to all of you.

For this Olympic Games, I am the host, and friends from all over the world come to my place to enjoy the Olympic. But for this BBS, it is me who "Travel dream, A thousand miles, Meeting in ClutchCity".

Go Houston, go Rockets, and let's remember:From one world We are family.

Harmony, harmony, I love harmony, and long live harmony!

19. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Don't worry about your English, do the best you can and *most* members will take it in the spirit it was offered.

Dont let the immature idiots taint your experience, leave their comments where they belong...in the trash.

absolutely man...Harmony and Peace brutha. ;)

20. JustLynCHN

JustLynCHN Member

Thx, I will try my best.