1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post Game Interviews

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff, Dec 26, 2003.

1. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Am I the only one who absolutely HATES post game interviews with opposing players when the Rockets lose? It's bad enough we lose, but then we have to hear the announcers lump praise on the other team.

2. AMS

AMS Member

I hear you man. Especially when its a douche bag like malone or kobe.

3. daaum

daaum Member

ur not the only that hates post game when we lose....

4. RIET

RIET Member

The one with Andrei Kirilenko was great.

He seemed like a genuinely nice guy. His enthusiasm for the game and sincerety made the Utah loss not so bad.

5. HtownRocks

HtownRocks Member

Calvin and Bill are nice guys. Be thankful they are. Even other teams announcers interview our guys when we win. I seen it alot last year. It works both ways.

6. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Yeah, I know the are. I just don't want to hear it. I can really enjoy it when it is two teams playing OTHER than the Rockets. But, when we lose...

:)

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I think the solution to this is obvious, we just need to win every game. ;)

8. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

It's better than seeing Cooper stuturing.

9. DavidS

DavidS Member

I use opposing team post game interviews as locker room material.

Them fighting words! :mad:

10. Astro101

Astro101 Member

Once the buzzer sounds, I change the channel if we lose.

11. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Member
    Supporting Member

Urge to kill.....rising.

12. Man

Man Member

Okay. I don't know..Bill seemed delighted about Carmelo scoring 37 ON US. haha..well I don't want us interviewing our guys. So no interview at all?!? Man..just disappointing.

13. RocksMillenium

Sounds like a plan I want to be part of! :D

14. spydermex

spydermex Member

Yeah, Bill was screaming at the end of the game how many points Melo scored and how great he was.

15. Baqui99

Baqui99 Member

Relax. Melo's one of the good guys. While LeBron got all the hype, Melo's quietly goes out and kicks ass every night. The NBA needs more humble, no bullsh*t guys like him.

16. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Member

that's why I'm a radio guy... gene and jim are totally houston biased and damn fun to listen to.

17. Life2Def

Life2Def Member

I don't mind them if they're Rashard Lewis or Sam Cassel or whomever just as long as their from Houston or use to be with Houston.

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Member

I've been too lazy to check but I am sure that half the players in the league probably owe their career highs in playing against the Rockets. Did Melo hit his career high? Probably came close.

Anyway, yes, it's painful to watch the announcers slob all over the opposing players. Just reminds me how I wish we had some of them on our team.

19. jopatmc

jopatmc Member

Basketball lovers love seeing great basketball and great basketball players. Carmelo was great in last night's game. I enjoyed his performance. I absolutely hated that it was against the Rockets but I still enjoyed watching the performance. Bill and Calvin are the same way. They love watching great basketball. I don't blame them one bit for interviewing Carmelo. I can't think of who else on either team would have been a better interview.

But I hate watching them interview an opposing team's player. It means we lost, plain and simple.

I may be a little bias here. Carmelo is probably my favorite player in this league to watch along with Garnett and Duncan. My favorite player of the past is Larry Bird and Carmelo is the first player who has come along which reminds me of the way that Bird played the game. Of all the players in the NBA, if I had to add one player to our team, it would be Anthony.

I suppose they could have interviewed JJ who plays very good defense and asked him what the ..... happened out there? It would have been semi-interesting to hear JJ's comments.

20. Faos

Faos Member

Especially when it's Calvin doing the interview while wearing knee pads...enough already.