1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis -- Jazz 86, Rockets 82

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 27, 2008.

Tags:
  1. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

Haha, that's pretty good man.

Hell, I'll be at game 5, I look forward to seeing that sign :)

2. rocketsmetalspd

The Rockets played damn hard but in the end it was not meant to be. I believe the Rockets will win game 5 and take it back to Utah and I hope they can one more in Utah to send the series back to HTown for game 7. Believe It and Have Faith it will happen.

3. oldyellow

oldyellow Member

TMac has no faith though!!!

4. laneh

laneh Member

5. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

i just did some coinflipping just now..
    Heads - jazz
    tails - rox

1 - h
    2 - h
    3 - t
    4 - h
    5 - t
    6 - t
    7 - h

I hope this doesnt come true. :mad:

6. eggRoll

eggRoll Member

I can see!!! we are going to win 3 in a row!

7. t_mac1

t_mac1 Member

he put his heart out there man. every guy who watched the game saw that. even doug collins, a critic of him in game 3 before he scored those pts in the 4th, said how tmac was pouring his heart out there.

but sometimes playing with heart and passion aren't enough. he just needs to push through all of his injuries EVEN MORE and score more. we needed more pts from him (and others) last night.

8. oldyellow

oldyellow Member

It was not questionable that TMac did all his best in game 3, but not game 4.
    Terrible D!!! He gave up minutes before two unexpected 3 pts.
    I believe Adelman also gave up!

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Bad calls, mental mistakes.....and the team being injured does not equal playoff success.

DD

10. thiuronium

thiuronium Member

We should teach him how to call a timeout 1000 times.

11. ubigred

ubigred Member

??? 14:59 1-10 0-4 2-2 -9 0 1 1 0 2 1 1 0 1 4

this is why we lost .

12. setdarkness

setdarkness Member

At least our players gave us a spurt of hope at the end. They could just have easily given up, but they didn’t. But so many of our recent Playoff disappointments sure seem to come down to the inability to secure decisive defensive rebounds at the end of games, don’t they?

Let's see what the Rockets can give us at game 5. I might just be enough to send it back to Utah to test the Jazz's home cooking. Then, who knows?

13. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Member

Rockets go on a 15 game winning streak by:

• winning the next 3 games against the jazz.
    • sweeping the lakers in the 2nd round.
    • sweeping the spurs or hornets in the west. conf. finals.
    • sweeping whoever makes it to the finals in the east.
    • Rick Adelman after winning the championship says: "Never underestimate the heart of a champion."
    • clutch city, we are back.
    Regardless of how nothing is going our way except in game 3, I say every thing's just getting started. Believe rockets fans, believe.

14. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

i believe u! i really do

15. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

I did same thing and I got rockets winning the next three lol

16. CrystalPistol

CrystalPistol Member

i have been a public defender of tmac over the past few years. but, he is wearing me down. his obvious lack of effort, inability to do the 'little things', and his lack of clutchness... has made me turn sour on him. i mean geez, that quote he had in the paper today; in which, be blamed the coaches for not having mutumbo in there for the williams' free throws is just ridiculous. can this guy accept ANY responsibility?? i mean, ANY at all??? tmac is a 28 year old man, that acts like a 17 year old girl. i have learned, when things go bad, do NOT turn to tmac... because no matter how many times he under performs or does not come through, it is NEVER his fault.. i saw one of the funniest signs at the utah game last night and it kind of put the tmac situation in perspective...
    "Where Tmac never advances Happens..."
    too classic.. and too true. this guy will never advance, because he is what i like to call a chronic loser. we should get whatever we can for him this offseason, and just call it a day. we need to rebuild... similar to what philly has done. you do not need awesome picks to accumulate talent in the nba... we just need people/leaders that are winners. additionally, i think RA should be canned. i know i know, he has done a good job. but, the style that he is playing, is the exact way that we approached the jazz with JVG. did that work?? and, we need a coach that our players will respect, and i know from a few sources that everybody (besided yao & battier) on the rockets laugh at RA behind his back, [in fact one of my sources showed me a text from head bashing RA].. so, how can we be a competitive team with a coach that noone likes, much less respects? i am sorry for this rant.. but, i believe the bottom line is that we will never win, much less advance, with tmac and/or yao leading our team. its frustrating, annoying, and i think some dramatic changes are needed.

17. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

As bad as 3-1 looks, I think it's still manageable for the Rockets to pull off 3 victories in a row. Game 6 would be HUGE though, and I would hate to see Utah win the series at home.

18. LCII

LCII Member

Too much Hayes in the 4th quarter.

We lost because we rarely had Scola AND Landry on the floor at the same time together. (Scola was in foul trouble)

RA needs to realize Scola at C and Landry at PF is what we need to win. Two tough dudes with hustle and heart that will control the rebounds for sure.

And of course, whoever loses the FT% battle loses the game. We won't win the series unless we beat them in FT% the next three games. Will that even be possible? We'll see....

19. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Member

20. abrocketsfan

abrocketsfan Member

So true, we let up on a couple of defensive plays until those miraculous threes got us back into it. So many fourth quarter mistakes and we were still in it on the road, it's amazing.