1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Possibilities for another top 10 pick?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmac4prez, Jun 20, 2006.

1. tmac4prez

tmac4prez Contributing Member

Can anyone think of any possibilities that would land us 2 picks in the top 10 (Including our 8th)

Wouldn't it be nice if one of Gay, Morrison, or Roy fall to us, and we are able to pick up Seattles #10 and get Brewer as well...

Yao/Deke/Swift
    Howard/ Swift/Hayes
    Morrison/Bogans/Bowen
    McGrady/Brewer/Gansey
    Alston/Head

2. chris_Rocket

chris_Rocket Member

It is said that SEATTLE wants to "sell" their #10 for some cash. maybe we could do sth for this.

3. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

Morrison and Brewer..

That'd be a dream.

4. pollaxt

pollaxt Contributing Member

Do you honestly think that Les could outspend...say...Mark Cuban if Seattle was actually willing to sell their pick for "straight cash homey"?

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

If Seattle is serious about selling it, then Les should take advantage. Yao and Tmac are in their primes, we need to add pieces to the puzzle so that in 2 or 3 years we win it all....again, and again, and again.

DD

6. MONON

MONON Member

Was anyone heard an estiment on what amount the Sonics want for #10?

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I thougth i read somewhere that it was $3 million in cash, and a future pick, I think.

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Frankly, that sounds like a lot. Not my money, so go ahead Les, but still...

9. DribbleHooper

DribbleHooper Contributing Member

Probably not... but that's assuming Cuban wants the #10 pick. If he doesn't, then obviously Les doesn't have to outspend him.

Of course, all that is predicated on the assumption that <i>Les</i> would want the #10 pick.

10. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Isn't $3 million the max cash that can be included in any trade? If so, Cuban's $3 million is the same as Les's $3 million.

11. Ehsan

Ehsan Member

If I'm not mistaken, 2M is the maximum.

Even if it's 3M, it's worth it.

You know what the difference is?

Seattle wants a second rounder and cash.

Only Portand has a betetr second rounder than us, and their is a ceiling on how much cash you can offer.

Aside from that, we can get creative too. If we really want to shore up our depth and help the Sonics, I would not hesitate to pull the trigger on:

Damien Wilkins + #10

for

Chunk of TE (around 2.5M) + #32 + 2M cash

We would basically have our 2/3 spot set, and could send Bowen pacing. I suggest we pick up both Brewer and Reddick. Then we can focus our MLE and trade effort solely on getting a PF, and quite frankly, I wouldn't mind giving Swift another shot anyway:

Yao/Deke
    Stro/Juwan/Hayes
    T-Mac/Wilkins/Brewer
    Brewer/Reddick/Head
    Alston/Sura/Head?

We would even be able to package Head with either Juwan or Stro to acquire a better big man. Then, we'd have no need to use the MLE unless Cassell would be willing to sign.

12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Source?

13. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Why wouldn't Orlando offer Vasquez, last year's #11, + ? for Seattle's #10?

14. fa7999

fa7999 Member

Show Les the $$$ and then let's talk.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind getting an owner who has deep pockets that can surround Yao and TMac with something better than NBDL players.

15. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

It takes more than deep pockets. You have to have smart management who make good personnel choices. NY Knicks have deep pockets and pay luxury tax and look how well that worked out for them.

It's not that Les is cheap, but Les hasn't put the right people in charge of his basketball team.

16. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

17. spankz141

spankz141 Member

J.howard or Stro, #32 pick and part of the TE for Golden State's #9, with #8 we pick up Brewer and #9 Carney, Reddick, O'Bryant, Foye, Ager, etc.

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Seattle went out of their way to tank games late last season. Why the hell would they give up their number 10 draft pick for cash?

19. Diaw

Diaw Member

imo golden state can have a better player than swift at #9, like sh. williams or maybe c. simmons, so why would they do that ? i think NO's #15 is a more realistic target ... no ?

20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

look at the post 2 above yours. they are selling the 40 pick.