1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pops Mensah-Bonsu to Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BasketballReasons, Aug 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/sports/nba/090820_rockets_agree_mensahbonsu

2. BasketballReasons

Can I say "Splash"?

3. BasketballReasons

EDIT: I'm a noob. Didn't see it posted OMG

4. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Can you say "you're so freaking late, check the other thread"?

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You suck, Ya JACKASS!

6. bladebucket05

bladebucket05 Member

i really dont see where we fits in unless we are planning to get rid of dorsey and hayes but he does have good shot blocking ability which really impressed me meaning he could play the center spot.

i know i kinda trashed u bonsu but bring ur A game if u wanna be part of ROCKETMANIA

7. astros148

astros148 Member

who cares, another scrub

8. jm434

jm434 Contributing Member

guys chill out.. we are just signing him for a yr to back up andersen.. coz obv hayes is undersized and dorsey aint ready... hey at least this guy aws beasting (25-13-3 blocks) when he was in the d-league while dorsey couldnt even average 15-10... we hv nothing to lose and everything to gain with this signing..

9. acjeitherocket

whomp whomp..........whomp

10. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

So that's why you're still a rookie..

11. DontMessWithUT

fyi so are you...
    :)

12. justafriend

justafriend Member

lol @ Dorsey isn't ready. Everyone knows Dorsey turns 27 in December right? Starting to look like one hell of a wasted pick since Morey the Great passed on DeAndre Jordan.

13. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

So what if he turns 27 this year? You think he will play worse at 34?

Deke was drafted after four years of college and proved to play great in his late 30's.
    Of course Dorsey has to prove himself before comparisons to Mutombo but just because he was drafted at 25 it doesn't mean he will fail as NBA player (see: Carl Landry on our team)

14. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Already saw the article elsewhere and not so excited for this.Also,after reading his stats in the past,it's not even close to be impressive to me. :rolleyes:

Somebody please just enlighten me on this one,why would DM plan to sign him?

15. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AT7L5JZj4d8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AT7L5JZj4d8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/c7eAhFgCv5M&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c7eAhFgCv5M&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

I like the guy already ... hustle, dunking, blocks, very athletic!

16. battousai

battousai Member

This is nothing more than a backup at the center fro anderson. coincidentally, we only signed him for one first, which by then Yao's back.

if pops proven himself we can then keep him, if not another expiring contract.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Joey-Dorsey-456/
    get your stats right
    he is 25, turning 26 in Dec.
    He was injured his rookie season
    It is not the end of the day

18. Jeasy713

Jeasy713 Member

Pops should be solid behind Anderson, it not only to make the game more interesting. I don't put a lot of hope off highlight reels because that's exactly what it is "a highlight reel". So judging from the way he plays and can run the floor and finish he should fit well.

19. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Looks like he's a younger Chris "BirdMan" Anderson type. Hustle, athletic, rebounds, blocks shots and finishes around the bucket. He's doesn't shy away from contact either. Looks as if the rockets are building this team to run run run.

20. panamamyers

panamamyers Member
    Supporting Member

Time to start planning our victory parade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.