1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

POLL : Which Harden team is actually better?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jaychi, Dec 18, 2020.

?

Which Harden team is the best

1. Bucks - Harden and Giannis

15.5%
  2. Heat - Harden, Butler and Bam

17.9%
  3. Nets - Harden, Durant and Kyrie

34.5%
  4. Sixers - Harden and Embiid

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Rockets - Harden, Wall, Wood, and Cousins

32.1%
  1. jaychi

jaychi Member

This is a knee-jerk reaction and excited thread after one game but they looked good.

Assuming Harden still wants to be traded. Is he really going to a better team after this game?

Obviously, we will choose the Rockets team. I am curious about the 2nd best and landslide vote result in this. Or if there is someone who still thinks he will go to a better team than the Rockets. These are all based on rumors or trade proposals. I wanted to include the Warriors and Denver but they are highly improbable. If I were to choose the 2nd best team for Harden, it would probably be the Nets

1.) Milwaukee - I don't think Giannis and Harden would coexist. They lack supporting players

2.) Heat - Butler and Harden would probably clash too and they will lose a lot of supporting players

3.) Nets - Even if with a big three, they lack defensive players and I feel Kyrie would mess it all up

4.) Sixers - Embiid and Harden is not enough. They would probably lose Thybulle in the trade and they have no one else to support other than Tobias.

5.) Rockets - oh yes. too deep!

If Harden would compare all these teams then why transfer.

Chasing_Chase likes this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

Harden and Giannis would destroy this league. I mean that when I say that no one would be able to compete with them, no one.

Corrosion, Bo6, daywalker02 and 2 others like this.
  3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I think people underestimate how good Giannis and Harden would be. That would actually destroy the league. But they have nothing to offer us anyway.

Nets could just win with the big 3, but who knows how Kyrie is going to be.

HP3 likes this.
  4. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Harden and Giannis would be crazy...but with Harden in Miami, you would get James in the best shape of his career.

HP3 likes this.
  5. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

What about Harden on the Knicks? :D

FatSeagal and Chasing_Chase like this.
  6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Harden and Giannis but it has 0 chance of happening.

Out of the more realistic teams...

Harden/Embiid is meh, They will contend in the east but I can't take that team over the Lakers.

Nets...I don't think Kyrie can exist on the same team as Harden. Kyrie is a guy that complained about playing with Lebron. A selfish me me me player that gets jealous of other guys on his team. Can't see that working out.

Heat? Yes, that team would probably win a ring or get close to it.

As for our Rockets team, I really think there is a chance. I just hope we have gone this Detroit Piston's route of picking up guys that have so much to prove and it'll all mesh around one superstar. I can't say right now it'd be better than those 3 but if by the end of the year that's the case I would not be surprised. I've been saying for a long time since we've acquired Wall and Cousins that maybe this is one of those teams where its depth is worth as much or even more than superstar power. It's hard to beat a team when there's...yes, 5 guys that can go for 30 any given night. Seriously think about that. If Wall or Cousins or Ego or Wood have a 30 point game would you really be that surprised by it? Just tighten up the defensive chemistry and you could have something here.

daywalker02, treyk3 and HP3 like this.
  7. jaychi

jaychi Member

Looks like a trade is going to happen.should have included Toronto on the list

8. HardenVolumeOne

Durant is done as an elite player

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Kobe and Shaq 2.0

Giannis is the gym rat.

Harden Shaq physique.

10. Chasing_Chase

Chasing_Chase Member

I voted Nets. I feel like that big 3 would be pretty dominate. But if yesterday was any indication of what to expect this season, we can be his best fit.

11. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Rockets.

Assuming Houston would demand Bam and some **** guy.

If Houston has the trade standards they should have, there is no better team for him.

If they wanna do some glorified salary dump it’s probably Miami or Milwaukee.

Brooklyn is hella flawed.

12. HP3

HP3 Member

Harden is also a gym rat though lol. His physique has a metamorphosis to it :D

daywalker02 likes this.
  13. Omihall23

Omihall23 Member

The problem with this poll is that it doesn't factor in what those other teams would lose in a trade.

14. Chasing_Chase

Chasing_Chase Member

[​IMG]

Bo6 and coachbadlee like this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Shapeshifting.

Chasing_Chase and HP3 like this.
  16. Le$$

Le$$ Member

You could put Lebron and Harden up there, wouldnt make a difference, people really think that this team right now is championship material, which it is not. Boogie and Wall have not played in 2 years, and come playoffs it will show. Wood is still a young kid, and not a star, he may be a slighty better than covington. So basicly you upgraded Boogie which is like getting bigger which is good, but like skip said its still a 4th seed and 1st or 2nd round exit, and thats if everything works out.

17. Juxtaposed Jolt

It's the Rockets, with the Nets version a close second.

Every non-Rockets team would have to gut their team and give up some future draft capital. As good as Harden, Durant and Irving are, I don't see that trio + barebones being better than a trio like LeBron / Wade / Bosh + barebones. And even those Heat teams had solid pieces around the trio.

18. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Im beginning to go back and think the "right fit" for James doesnt exist.

Chasing_Chase likes this.
  19. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

I know y'all are homers both LMAO at these poll results.

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Problem with Harden and Giannis is that both are penetrating players and Giannis isn't an outside shooter - there's a reason the Bucks can't get to the finals. They'd have to give up something to get Harden and I think they'd be too thin

The Nets you'd have a legit big three and that would be interesting if they can play well together (ie pass).

Houston is interesting but it's just a lot of questions marks. The big one is what are you really getting with Wall? Can he play 90% of a Cp3?