1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Podesta and Co. mull over succession

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by dachuda86, Aug 4, 2020.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Podesta doesn't think leaving the US is off the table, yet some of ya'll think civil war is far fetched. From the NY TIMES:

http://archive.is/7Ng0x

"For their war game, they cast John Podesta, who was Hillary Clinton’s campaign chairman, in the role of Mr. Biden. They expected him, when the votes came in, to concede, just as Mrs. Clinton had.
    But Mr. Podesta, playing Mr. Biden, shocked the organizers by saying he felt his party wouldn’t let him concede. Alleging voter suppression, he persuaded the governors of Wisconsin and Michigan to send pro-Biden electors to the Electoral College.
    In that scenario, California, Oregon, and Washington then threatened to secede from the United States if Mr. Trump took office as planned. The House named Mr. Biden president; the Senate and White House stuck with Mr. Trump. At that point in the scenario, the nation stopped looking to the media for cues, and waited to see what the military would do."

B@ffled likes this.
  2. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I dunno, but you seem to be in the minority here, OP. And you deserve to be heard!
    Your link contains another link that is way more scary: https://archive.is/CjEwt

Note that they gamed 4 different scenarios. Each ended in street violence!
    The worst scenario was Trump winning the Electoral College and Biden winning the popular vote.

If Trump contests the election, I will hit the streets for the first time, to get his pillowy ass out. I'm sure there are many more like me.

Rashmon, Nook, Blatz and 2 others like this.
  3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Did you actually read the article? The article doesn't say that Podesta or any Democrats are actually thinking of leaving the country at all. It mentions a group of people who aren't part of the government playing different hypothetical scenarios. One of those was a scenario where the votes take a long time to count, and because of vote supression from Trump and Republicans, Biden didn't concede. They then pretended that several states withdrew from the United States. This was one group playing imaginary games, not any actual proposals or suggestions by anyone.

To use this as presumption that Civil War isn't far-fetched shows that you may not be able to adequately analyze media content. Did you come to that conclusion on your own, or did you read someone else's assumption that this made civil war likely?

JayGoogle, Nook and Blatz like this.
  4. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

It's interesting that Podesta (sick pedophile) would game out any secession at all. It leads to the question is there a group that is actually considering it? I guess that answer is yes. So, if the dems lose this time, instead of the hissy fit we've seen for the last 4 years, they'll just opt out and form their own Utopia..... I like it! Especially the west coast.

Dear lord, baby Jesus and all the angels in Heaven: Please make that happen.

5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

The fact that this is even being seriously considered is why it's important to note. Not one is saying it's 100 percent going to mean Civil War (not in a Blue v Grey way but in a modern sense like Colombia where factions form in key areas... and yes it can happen. We are already seeing urban areas overrun with crime as they disband their police in favor of mob justice). While I think it is unlikely still, I think it isn't far fetched at all considering our climate. We are undeniably closer today than last year, that's for damn sure. And again, this is not some chump. Podesta is a political elite and you should value his opinion more than some random dude on the Internet.

6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Would you hit the street it the election was rampant with fraud because of fraud where a high number of mail in votes getting thrown out and lost? Because that's gonna happen because people know how certain areas are likely to vote by zip code.

7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

If that's true, maybe his name is about to drop from Jizzlaine lol.

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The 12th amendment would allow the House to vote on the president under this scenario but they missed a major point. Each state would only get one vote. The Republicans would have the majority of the votes.

This is the scenario that is freaking out Democrats, not Republicans. Especially when you have hacks like Abbott, DeSantis, and Kemp running three states with enough electors to hold up 270 by refusing to certify the election.

These Election Day scenarios are normal and warranted with Donald Trump sitting in office openly saying he won’t leave and will contest the election if he loses... and doing things like trying to rig the census etc.

And no there will not be a civil war. At some point the army, marines, and navy decide to follow the lawful orders they get and they overpower in an instance any threat to violence by any organized militia. Whoever John Roberts swears into office in January immediately wins the power of the military in whatever “civil war” scenario you right wing nutjobs keep on fantasizing about.

If you sick bastards are actually worried about it (your not... I think you want it) why don’t you tell your cult leader to stop ohh I dunno.... threatening to not leave office if you lose the Fu$king election.

Rashmon, FranchiseBlade and Nook like this.
  9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

We will see what happens. I doubt he would put up a fight if he lost the election. However, if the mail in votes are tossed in mass, then I would maybe support a redo because quite frankly you can't expect a fair election when people's vote's are not secure.

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

He openly says he will fight it. Why would we not believe him? And you are openly saying too that as long as Trump claims fraud with no evidence other than a delay you are surely going to go with him in supporting a fight.

There’s no “re-do”.... only a recount and audit of individual states vote count.

Why are you even entertaining the idea right now? Obviously you are expecting like everyone else for Trump to claim victory regardless of how badly he loses and obviously his supporters are leaving the door open to support an attempt to defy Democratic elections as long as Trump gives you an excuse to whine about.

Wake up man. Either you support Democracy or you are openly supporting a would be autocrat. You want people to think you are a patriot who believes in Democracy and freedom... you need to do better than this piss poor response.

Blatz likes this.
  11. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

A very real scenario is that BLM will swell it's ranks and continue with their protests ad infinitum.
    We may also see other groups form to oust Trump. I can foresee a future of civil unrest the likes of which this country has not seen since the Civil War.

12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Dachuda, if everything you say is true, it's Trump's fault.
    He was complaining about the elections 4 years ago. Then he won: he didn't complain.
    Now he's the boss. The postal service sucks? He had 4 years to fix it.
    Now he says "My government doesn't function well. So I'm going to ignore my own government. Even though I accepted it in 2016."
    Trump got his turn: he did not clean the swamp.
    He couldn't even clean up the post office.

Blatz likes this.
  13. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

You got a link for this ****?

14. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I can't believe some of you are even discussing this.

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Democracy can't exist if mail in votes are destroyed. You wake up. In my opinion the Dems are setting the stage for civil unrest by pushing for mail in voting and it won't end well either way. Both sides will refuse to accept the results if it gets out that mail in votes were largely messed with. I would support a redo of an election if that election was rigged. You are so aggressive toward me, but I am in favor of our process and I think it must be protected as to prevent cheating. Get angry all you want, because I can tell you hate Trump to a psychotic point and anyone who might vote for him. You can't argue that I have to accept rigged results, if that is the scenario. Hell no. I guess we will see what happens. At the end of the day, it was the Dems who said Trump wouldn't accept his loss when in actuality the Dems have spent four years complaining and refusing to accept the results. I don't want to hear it when Trump wins.

Obviously, if Trump loses, fairly, then I wouldn't support a redo or him complaining about it. Heck no. He must leave office and I have no reason to think he won't abdicate his position if everything is legal and binding. The pipe dream some have of a Trump dictatorship is insane and I don't think it's gonna happen. Chill. Out.

Again, I am just some guy on the Internet. I am in no position to redo a cheated, rigged election. So no matter what, it really doesn't matter what we say here. You can get mad and push for Trump to accept a rigged result... IF it is rigged. And you can go march in the streets. I'm gonna be here, watching people like you, make fools of yourselves in petty street clashes.

#15 dachuda86, Aug 5, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

The postal service doesn't suck. They just know which areas vote which ways, and unethical employees dump the votes and lose them conveniently. It is not hard to rig a mail in election. The people in the post office are able to abuse their authority and cancel votes at a whim. People know which demographics vote which way and which zip code is likely to support their candidate. You can rig an election by demographics quite easily. Also there have been rampant instances of fake ballots getting in and ballots not getting sent to people in the first place. Hell, pets and dead people have been given ballots. This is NOT going to be acceptable to the American public no mater who wins or loses. I don't care about Trump. This is about either side, and they both won't accept a mail in result because of all the bullshit that can go wrong and will go wrong.

17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Yeah, especially if cities turn over policing to mob rule. The left takes the cities, the right the exoburbs, and the fighting takes place in the suburbs. That's your civil war. It will be a messy few years. If it comes to that.

Meanwhile Russia and China... profit.

But no, it couldn't happen here because it's America and the current year. Nothing bad can happen in modern society in our specific country right? Because... reasons.

18. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I don't think the USPS is different from previous elections. I trusted them before. . . .
    Anti-Trumpers accepted the last election; they will accept this one.
    Trump accepted the last election. What changed?
    I'll vote early by mail, against Trump.
    Trump was stupid to discourage his supporters from voting by mail.

19. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Anything can happen - but I doubt a full scale civil war.
    The fact that BLM has the full blessing of a large portion of American minds in the midst of a scary pandemic is telling.
    The fact that social distancing, and not masks is the best way to flatten the curve is demonstrated by the orders to close schools and numerous other normal daily gatherings.
    But, these so called "peaceful" BLM protesters can do no wrong and so obviously demonstrates they are the darling of the media and the left and are protected.
    Such blatant hypocrisy will be pointed out in the years to come when sanity prevails.

20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I think things are different after four years of constant propaganda teaching people to hate their country and president. People are different. More crazed and willing to do things they wouldn't four years ago. Things like cheat an election.