1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

<podcast> My letter was read on the latest episode of Open Floor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Williamson, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm a super big fan of the Open Floor podcast with Ben Golliver and Andrew Sharp. I was super excited when I heard Andrew say, "Jonathan has a question for Ben..."

I thought you guys might enjoy seeing the full letter I sent them though!

"2800 points. 500 assists. 500 rebounds. A single season.

Not MJ. Not Wilt. Not LeBron. Not Oscar. Not Magic nor Bird. Not Kobe nor Timmy. Not the Iceman nor the Admiral. Not even the Dream.

James Harden needs only 18 points (he can do that in a quarter) in his final game of the season to do something that has never been done before in the history of the NBA and you guys have Giannis as the MVP.

Which brings me to my question for Ben:

How can you call yourself a true Western Conference elitist if you're favoring Giannis as MVP based on the Bucks record in the Eastern Conference?

Approximately 1/3rd of the way through the season the Rockets were the 14th seed in the brutal West. They've suffered significant injuries to core players like CP3, Capela, & Eric Gordon. They've also seen Nene, Green, Faried, Shumpert and others miss time. And yet despite this with a single game left in the season the Rockets are three games behind the Warriors and could even potentially eclipse the Nuggets for the 2nd seed depending on results of each team's final games.

What would the Bucks record be if they were in the West? Would they still be the best team in Basketball? Daryl Morey recently claimed the Bucks have weakest strength of schedule of any team since 2013-2014. see: https://clutchpoints.com/rockets-ne...-in-hopes-to-make-james-hardens-case-for-mvp/

If the Bucks were in the West do they win 5 less games? 10? How much does 60 wins matter if it isn't in what Ben likes to call "The Show"?

And if their records were closer is Giannis still the MVP? Come on, Ben. Either you're a Western Conference elitist and you know Harden is the true MVP (again) OR Andrew is right and there isn't much difference between the conferences these days. WHICH IS IT?"

They thought I was angry but I was having fun with it. It was a lot of fun to hear them trash me too! In my next letter to open floor I will be asking why they never discuss the greatness of MCW or Iman Shumpert.

don grahamleone and J.R. like this.