1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Please don't let Yao become KG II

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by a yao, Dec 21, 2006.

1. a yao

a yao Member

We all know how great KG is; however; he can't get it done without a good 2nd or 3rd star on the team. Yao had done everything he could for the past four games. Other than Luther Head, we don't have anyone else can step up and help the team (Battier get it done on the defensive end). Without T-Mac to pass him the ball, Chuck Hayes looks like the old #40 on the court (he did good on the defensive end and rebounding). We need a PG who is willing to penetrate more to either give Yao an easy dunk or an open jumper from outside (I can't remember when was the last time our PG penetrate during a halfcourt offense and soft pass to Yao for an easy dunk). Also, JVG needs to mix up the offense more so we won't become an one dimensional team (our offense is too predicable). A healthy T-Mac could solve lots of our problems; however; unless we can solve the two (major) problems, I don't see how can we even come out from the West.

2. Roxer

Roxer Member

oh, come on, don't need worry about this. Yao will not be as good as KG.

KG is a LEADER who is able to carry a team to win the final, Yao isn't. Yao is a good team member, but leader, that is big difference, :D

3. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Minnesota's record under the LEADER
    605-776 .438%

4. jetland

jetland Member

Yeah, right, "KG is a LEADER who is able to carry a team to win the final". Are you out of your mind or just kidding KG? No offense to KG, but tell me what final KG has carried , or will carry, his team to win?

5. Cesar^Geronimo

We've gotten awful negative real quick here. When T-Mac and Snyder were healthy we were one of the top teams. We are struggling because of injuries -- but we are not getting blown out.

It's not time for the rats to start jumping ship yet.

6. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

maybe, maybe not.

are we struggling because of injuries? yes.

is that excuse going to last 2 seasons in a row? no. because it's the same player. tmac. he's not getting any healthier. he's only getting worse. it's time to jump ship on him but not the whole team.

7. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Member

I haven't ruled out Tracy yet, but I *am* concerned.

My concern is *if* he is just about done :( there really isn't much the team can do. No one will take his hefty contract.

8. rocketsmetalspd

How about bringing KG to H-Town? The only way would be to trade T-Mac for KG.

9. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Member

Any team that would trade for TMac right now is stupid. I got nothing but man-love for the guy, but right now, his stock isn't too high.

10. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

The first round of playoffs final? :rolleyes: :D

Does Isaiah Thomas still call the shots for trades??

11. cdxiong

cdxiong Member

Lebron James will be free agent in 2010, right after TMAC's contract ends. I am just hoping Yao will still be in his prime at that time.

12. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

lol dump tmac for lebron by 2010... im anticipating it

13. ritou

ritou Member

Hem, it seems that you are a KG fan. I like KG. However, he didn't win any final even conference final till now. And I don't think he is able to do that in the future. For Yao, I think he has more chance than KG to get a ring.

14. ToothYanker

ToothYanker Contributing Member

Or maybe we DO need the rats to jump ship. However, true Rockets fans are free to stay and root for the guys in red.

15. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

I can't believe the extent to which folks overreact on this board. At 100% this team has a chance in the playoffs even as an 8 seed.

Relax.

16. Roxer

Roxer Member

how long have u been watching NBA? KG just bring his team to west conf. finally a couple years ago, without any super star teammate.

remind u, now, u got best defence player in NBA, u got a streetball legend, u got a allstar bonzi around YAO, how many games u won? 1 of 5, 20%, isn't it?

i'm thinking it's wasting time to reply ur post, but anyway someone need to be re-educated. :D

17. Roxer

Roxer Member

he didn't win any finals, well, did he get superstar teammates? remember KB had Shaq, Shaq had D.Wade, MJ had Scott/Kerr, etc.

even now 30+ old KG is still most effecient player no matter per game or per 48min, isn't he?

giving urself this combo, T-mac/KG and T-mac/Yao, which one has better chance to get champ.? :confused:

18. snowmt01

snowmt01 Member

both lottery teams

19. barryxzz

barryxzz Member

none of them...because of t-mac's back. :(

20. DieHard Rocket

Sam Cassell and Latrell may not have been superstars that year, but they are the reason KG got to the western conference finals. Every other year KG has lacked that kind of help, and has struggled in the playoffs. KG is a great all-around player, but he doesn't have the dominance that Yao has.

One more thing...did you really just call Bonzi Wells an all-star?