1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Players who have had microfracture surgery compared to Tmac

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by WhoMikeJames, Feb 18, 2009.

1. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Member

Guys who have gone back to their pre-surgery form:
    -Jason Kidd
    -John Stockton
    -Zach Randolph (young)
    -Amar'e Stoudemire (young)
    -Greg Oden (young)

Guys who never went back to pre-surgery form:
    - Brian Grant
    -Antonio McDyess
    -Chris Webber
    -Allan Houston
    -Penny Hardaway
    -Kenyon Martin

Guys who retired
    -Jamal Mashburn
    -Terrell Brandon
    -Jonathan Bender

Now WHY in the world would a guy like Tracy McGrady fall under that first list. There is really no point in keeping him. We should just forget about him before he starts next season only to suck once more or retire.

#1 WhoMikeJames, Feb 18, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i dont think anyone should assume that he will be on the opening day roster next season.

the rockets will trade his ending contract. guaranteed.

3. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

whoever believes tmac when he said he'll be back is in the same denial they were when he first said that he'll be back like a month ago. he's done, put the nail in him, it's over. he can bask in all the glory he achieved, sitting his fat *** on his LAZ boy (quite fitting right?), eating Bon Bons while watching old game tape of him. At least he can reminisce on getting out of the first round...oh wait.

4. Vince_Carter

Vince_Carter Member

All those players you listed as recovered came back as shadow's of themselves tbh.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Tmac's spot is apparently on a non weight bearing area so it bodes VERY well for a recovery.

DD

6. klipper

klipper Member

The post microfracture surgery rehab is long and painful.

7. Houston09

Houston09 Member

we all have to remember that this is tmac having the surgery that means it will take him a much longer time to heel up and he will still cry that it hurts when he comes back. then he will be day to day. then he will leave because he says that he is weak then he will work out for 2 weeks come back and say im getting the last laugh. then it will all happen again. hes done trade him for baron i dont care if baron's contract is high.

8. Asian Sensation

WTF would Tmac even get microfracture surgery in the first place if he doesnt really need it? He's not gonna have the surgery.....

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

If it's in a non-weight bearing area, I don't understand how it can be so painful for him...

10. rwienert

rwienert Member

I think you're going to see the end of T-Mac's career mirror that of Penny Hardaway from here on out if he really goes through with the surgery.

Both are talented wing players that rely more on athletic ability more than anything. Both are good playmakers, good enough to even play point when needed, but without that explosiveness, they'll be severly limited.

I imagine in the offseason, they'll trade him to a team looking to get over the hump. The press conference will be just like the one Phoenix had when they acquired Penny, pairing him and Jason Kidd as Backcourt 2000 or whatever it was.

After that, he'll have a handful of comeback attempts with mediocre teams looking for a veteran playmaker who just might have something left in the tank.

I really hope it doesn't turn out this way, but I have the feeling that microfracture surgery for T-Mac at this point is a career death sentence.

11. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

the same way a finger fracture or finger sprain can hurt like a mother, but it is not weight bearing :rolleyes:

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

It is why it flares up, as it rubs it irritates the area......but it is not debilitating.....

I hope they trade him to the Clippers....

DD

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Member

Build wise isn't he pretty similar to Bender?

14. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Drilling holes in his knee, ouch.

15. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Member

Yeahh... His situation apparently isn't "surgery is a must"..
    It's more of just the better choice.
    So I don't think his situation is as serious as some of those guys, so I'm hoping he'll be ready by at least mid-season 09-10

16. RocketKobe24

RocketKobe24 Member

He's just like Penny Hardaway, had their best years in Orlando, then gave up on the Magic, had some decent years in their next team and then pretty much stopped playing.

17. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Didn't you all read his blog? He is going to be back as strong and explosive as ever by next season!!!! Sure, he can't rehab a minor surgery but he will recover from microfracture in record time!!!

I wonder if he will do the type of weight training he did last season. You know, gain a bunch of weight so that the knee has to get stronger so he can walk back and forth to the refrigerator.

18. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

I love how Oden is in the returned to form list.

He never played a game before the surgery so technically he is much better.

19. Landlord Landry

McGrady's career is finished. Wait.........

wait..........

wait...........

okay, I'm over him. Carry on.

20. juicystream

juicystream Member

Oden is hard to tell if he has gotten back to pre-surgery form, considering he never had a pre-surgery NBA career. Stockton & Kidd didn't depend on just athletic ability, so it was easier for them. Doug Christie also had it done back in college.

You can add Darius Miles to the list of not making it back to their pre-surgery form.

Those successful have either been college aged, or weren't dependent on great athletic ability.