1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

places to eat in htown-downtown

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by red, Mar 11, 2006.

Tags:
  1. red

red Contributing Member

My friend is heading to houston for a business trip and i need to give him a good list of places to eat. Im sending him to Aranda's Bakery and Phoenicia and any other place I can end up remembering. We went culinary school together so he's a good foodie.

2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Zula is good. It's very chic and trendy. A little pricey, but I liked it.

3. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

Sambuca's is good, but pricey.

4. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

There's a Phoencia downtown? I didn't know that....I thought the only one was on the west side. If he's gonna be downtown you need to tell him to go see Stack24 over at Live.

5. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

Not really Downtown area, but over on Richmond and Kirby is El Tiempo. I love the mexican food there. I only eat the Fajoitas, and they are the BEST! Get a platinum margarita too. A little pricey at about 9 bucks, but two will get you hammered and the fajitas are out of this world. My gf and I will not eat at any other mexican place anymore. The wait gets really long most most nights of the week, but the bar is very happening there. Free valet as well.

In the Montrose area, off of westheimar and montrose, Niko Niko's has some good Greek food. I used to go there all the time. I like Phoenicia better. Is there a Phoenicia in the DTown area?!?

For Italian, I really like La Griglia. A little pricey but very good. Also, Fabios on Elgin near Montrose is good Seafood Italian. Also pricey though. As you can see, we like to eat out :cool: Azuma has good sushi. They have a location Downtown, but I prefer the Rice Village location.

Oh Yeah! If you like Indian food, Khyber on Richmond near Kirby is excellent!

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

take him to Ruggles..not far out of downtown at Westheimer/Montrose

7. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

I agree. They have good food too

8. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

Jenny's Noodle House.
    2130 Jefferson @ Hutchins

Awesome Food, Great People.

Try the Art Car Curry, can't go wrong with the Pho.