1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pippen: LeBron 'Probably Greatest Player To Ever Play Game'

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheGreat, May 27, 2011.

1. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Scottie Pippen suggested, on ESPN Radio’s Mike And Mike In the Morning, that LeBron James, and not his former teammate, Michael Jordan, could end up being the greatest all-around player the league has ever seen.

“Michael Jordan is probably the greatest scorer to ever play in the game, but I may go as far to say LeBron James is probably the greatest player to ever play the game,” Pippen said.

“Not only can he score at will, but he keeps everybody involved. You have to be on your Ps and Qs because everybody is a threat to score when he’s on the floor. Not only that, LeBron James will dominate the game on the offensive end and he’s able to do it on the defensive end as well. He can get in those passing lanes and dominate the game.”

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2011/...corer-bron-best-player-to-ever-play-the-game/

2. Shaud

Shaud Member

Welp R.I.P. Scottie

3. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

He should has said have the most potential or something like that........He's definitely is on course to be the G.O.A.T

4. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

We are just witnesses.

5. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I agree he has a legit chance to be the best ever, but having D Wade and Bosh on your team helps keep you from being double and triple teamed every possession too. I wish he would've stayed in Cleveland, or if he had to leave, maybe join one all star; not another top 10 player and Chris Bosh.

6. Shaud

Shaud Member

The best player of All-Time is all opinion.

I think it's safe to say LeBron James has no chance of being called the best of all-time by the majority of the people who watch the NBA.

7. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Jordan had Pippen and Ho Grant, later Rodman/Kukoc

This Heat team isn't surrounding LeBron with a significantly more talented group than Jordan had for his threepeats.

8. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Scottie Quitten sighting.

Just go away.

9. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

I really do hope that Miami loses.

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

"could end up" is the key....nothing to see here...

11. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Bosh is significantly better than Grant. You didn't have to worry about Grant dropping 30 on you on any given night.

12. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Where did he say could end up? Didn't see it in the quote.

13. Nook

Nook Member

Is he on course to be the greatest? Really?.... LeBron already has a lot of miles on his legs, because he came straight from HS. He does not have nearly the defining moments of Magic or MJ.

If LeBron wants to be the greatest ever he better get better, and go on a real roll.... because he is 6 titles behind MJ, and the fact he formed his own super team will not help his game in the eyes of those that judge.

LeBron will go down as a great one, a top 10 great... but I don't think he is likely to reach the level of the Magic's and Jordan's.

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

Quit-who? OOOHHH that broke ass m'fer... yeah sure buddy.

15. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

he had to say this scottie is known as the greatest second fiddle of all time -- lebron is going to take that title away from him thanks to dwyane wade - scottie had to direct attention away from that

16. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

[​IMG]

17. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

not sure if serious...

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think Pip is jealous that Mike

1. isn't broke like him
    2. is a smarter investor, Pip was buying Jet Airplanes that don't fly
    3. has nicer shoes
    4. has a nice lay flat t-shirt, not like Pip's bacon collar shirts

3 people like this.
  19. lalala902102001

Lebron hasn't won anything yet.

He could get there and eventually become the GOAT, but as of now he has no rings.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Yeah he didn't say that, but i'm assuming the reporter knew the context of the conversation better than the quote suggests...

I think it comes down to how one defines "best player". Pippen is talking about who had the most impressive all-around talent, and as good as MJ was, he didn't have the passing of Lebron or the size. If you're going to define it as skills, rings, impact on the game, etc., well then Lebron may never touch that.