1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pigs Fly

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BobFinn*, Dec 10, 2000.

1. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Member

With the addition of Pig Miller, the Rockets have become a real threat in the west. Pig is a veteran who is willing to bang, play D and can score in the low post.

If Mo continues his improved play, Hakeem continues to gain confidence as his health improves and Shandon continues to attack on offense, this will be a team no one wants to play come playoff time.

We still need to improve on team D, but I do see improvement each game.

Last night proved if we have a PF (Mo) willing to hit the boards and stay out of foul trouble, we can hang with anyone.

------------------
    When we tire of well-worn ways, we seek for new. This restless craving in the souls of men spurs them to climb, and to seek the mountain view.
    -- Ella Wheeler Wilcox

2. Ace

Ace Member

Are you serious?

I don't think Pig will be the reason that we will become a real threat in the West, but I do see it happening anytime now. We have shown that we can beat the big teams, and we are consistently beating those that belong to the NBA cellar.

Pig Miller is a decent player and will prove to be a decent pick up (he will specially be felt in the upcoming games now that Cato and Los are out), but he won't be the guy that takes us to contenders for the last playoff spots to a concrete power in our conference.

------------------
    Nederland 2002

Rocketman95 on board. Check out his latest game recaps.

3. TheFreak

TheFreak Member

You act as if we just beat the '86 Celtics. The Sonics suck. Not to mention Mo only had 7 boards. Face it, you compliment Mo now because we won and he played decent. And Pig will be cut as soon as Collier and/or Cato get back. And where's the improvement on team D? We gave up 104 points. Pig scoring in the low post? I hope that was a joke.

4. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Member

Have you forgotten what Pig did for this team last season?

I am not saying Pig is Shaq. All I'm saying is he is a good defensive player who can score when asked to. With Francis and Mobley doing the bulk of the scoring, we need someone to rebound and play D. Pig is the man.

As for praising Mo, I was not praising him, I was stating an observation.

------------------
    When we tire of well-worn ways, we seek for new. This restless craving in the souls of men spurs them to climb, and to seek the mountain view.
    -- Ella Wheeler Wilcox

5. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I hope Pig doesn't need to log any minutes on the court.

Dan Langhi doesn't look too much like a toothpick, does he?

------------------
    snap crackle pop

6. ZRB

ZRB Member

If Mo plays like that every game, the Rockets will surely be title contenders. They've just got so much talent.
    Hakeem, Mo, Cat, Walt, Shandon, Steve, Mooch, sometimes even Kenny and Kelvin. All these guys are capable of having huge nights. The Rockets simply need to play with last night's intensity every game, and they WILL WIN.

------------------
    "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning how to put food on their family while being put to death."

7. Francis3

Francis3 Member

LOL!

One game Mo does good and people talking about being contenders. The bbs will get back to the normal bashing of Mo tomorrow night after the game.

If Mo does good which is a VERY BIG IF, then I have a feeling we will see some Rockets Dynasty threads, Mo for MVP, Give Mo the Max, etc....
    [​IMG]

------------------
    Vice President of the Jason Collier fan club!

8. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Member

1999-2000 SEASON
    For the second year in a row, Miller was a midseason addition by the Rockets, signing the first of two 10-day contracts on Jan. 6 and then signing for the remainder of the season on Jan. 26. He proved a valuable addition in light of injuries to frontcourtmen like Charles Barkley and Hakeem Olajuwon, playing in 35 games and making 14 starts. He averaged 3.7 points and 4.7 rebounds in just 13.6 minutes per game, shooting .536 from the field and .510 from the free throw line. Despite him limited playing time, he was second on the team in field goal percentage and tied for seventh on the team in rebounding. Miller led the team in rebounding five times and reached double figures four times, topped by a season-high 13 boards at Golden State on Jan. 13. He also had 11 rebounds against Utah on Jan. 8 and 12 rebounds at Sacramento on Jan. 11, giving him double digits in three of his first four games. He had one double-double, netting a career-high 19 points to go along with 12 rebounds against Golden State on Jan. 27.

------------------
    -- Ella Wheeler Wilcox

9. TB3

TB3 Member

Is this the same Pig Miller that was recently cut by arguably the worst team in the league, Atlanta?

------------------

10. vj23k

vj23k Member

Yes it is, but so what?

pretty much every NBA player has talent and if was placed in CBA, euro leagues, etc would dominate. chris childs was the CBA player of the year. we bash because sometimes we dont realize how talented and hardworking these guys really are.

11. Holden

Holden Member

ironically, pig miller kind of looks like a pig. he reminds me of one. strange.

------------------
    "Man, it's cool. I'm going to be president. That's Wicked." -George W. Bush, SNL

12. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Member

Deep playoff team?, I'll truly believe it when a p.... uh, never mind.

------------------
    Sometimes you gotta do the next best thing!

13. GATER

GATER Member

Someone may know for sure but I believe it's too early in the season for 10 day contracts. It looks like Pig may be with us for the year.

Pig's signing seems a little off timing wise with Cato talking about returning on Dec. 16th and Collier ahead of schedule in rehab. So the Rocks will have 4 Centers....any trade conspiracy theories?

GO PIG - GET THOSE 'BOUNDS!!

------------------
    GATER