1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Phoenix Suns owner (Sarver) is arguably the worst in the NBA

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Fegwu, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

The guy is just classless and someone in his organization or even someone from NBA front office better set him straight soon before he starts a fight or something that silly.

This is not the first time he has done a classless act in the last 2 months. Something is definitely worng with that douche bag.

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

What's going on with the suns? The regular season success has given everyone in that organization and city a big head. Arrogance is dripping from players (Amare, Hunter, Richardson), coaches (D'Antoni), fans, and now the owner. How about winning a playoff series before acting like hotshots. Seems like an open invitation for doom.

3. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I honestly don't think we have enough information to pass judgement. As far as I know, the players were heckling and carrying on like clowns. Are there accounts from third parties? I can't really go by stuff from Suns staff or Rockies players....

Besides, Shinn is hands down the worst owner in the league. By a mile. Sterling might have the worst rep, but he didn't torpedo his franchise and city.

Evan

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Great, one more reason to hate the Suns!

5. bhanchod

bhanchod Member

the baseball players were probably on a roid rage

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Lol!

Worst owners:
    1) Shinn
    2) Sterling
    3) Doesn't matter after that

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Uhh, the 4-5 basketball fans in the city of San Diego would disagree.

8. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

he probably didn't want steroid use in his building.

9. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I hear you, but I don't think it's nearly the same thing as what Shinn did in Charlotte. That city supported the team as much as Sacramento has the Kings this decade, and Shinn f-ed it all up. San Diego's never been able to support a franchise (see: Rockets).

Evan

10. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Maybe this is the first time many here are hearing about the crass things Sarver has done but I have heard or read about at least 2 before now.

The problem I have with him is that he is acting like a little kid. He just bought this team and he is already making a negative name for himself? Talking trash with opposing players? Shin and Sterling maybe be cheap and weird but they are not as classless as this low life.

11. Kurupt the Kingpin

Classless or not, he's willing to shell out big bucks to build a contending team. And cmon, he's not as bad as Donald Sterling. Not to mention Jerry Buss who has a penchant for (ahem) young women.

Don't forget the fact that many owners in the NBA are lying, cheating bastards. How do you think they ended up with all that money?

12. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

"Heck, we were disappointed they didn't play." LOL.

13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Don't think that he can shell out as much as he wants. There IS a salary cap remember. Keep on giving money to Q and Nash and Marion but when Joe Johnson and Amare need to get theirs....just wait.

14. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

I don't see how they can keep Joe Johnson. The guy will deservedly get big time offers from many teams. I like him better than Q.

15. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

Hard-work, inheritance, luck. Wealth is not always misbegotten but jealousy is.

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Maybe he's like noob BBS posters who come in and annoy everyone in their first month because they don't know what the **** they're doing. And, after learning what the environment is like, maybe he -- like many noobs -- will learn the etiquette and modify his behavior. I hope so, because he won't get fed up and go away and we certainly can't ban him.