1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Philly Inquirer] Trade rumors swirling around 76ers' Iguodala(McGrady)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsPimp, Jan 28, 2010.

1. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

More of the same....

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...e_rumors_swirling_around_76ers__Iguodala.html

MILWAUKEE - With the NBA's Feb. 18 trade deadline approaching, the rumors have been circulating around 76ers swingman Andre Iguodala.

A source close to the situation has confirmed that the Houston Rockets, owners of Tracy McGrady's expiring $23 million contract, will only discuss a possible deal with the Sixers if it involves Iguodala. And about a week ago, ESPN.com linked Iguodala in a possible deal involving the Cleveland Cavaliers.

After this season, Iguodala has more than $56 million remaining on his contract, including three more seasons - and a player option for a fourth.

Iguodala once was thought to be the centerpiece of a young Sixers nucleus. Now his situation mirrors that of the rest of the roster: The team is willing to negotiate about the former untouchable.

Before last night's game against the Milwaukee Bucks, Iguodala said: "Nothing is a surprise when you're 15-29."

"Nobody wants to be on the losing end, but when you are on the losing end, you have to make changes," said Iguodala, who entered the contest averaging 17.6 points per game.

"I wouldn't be surprised [to be traded], but this is my job, so I just go out and try to be professional every day instead of worrying why they're trying to trade me versus someone else, being bitter about it."

Last season, Sixers general manager Ed Stefanski stayed firm at the trading deadline, saying he wanted to protect his young nucleus, that no deal made sense long-term.

"I think we had a decent year last year, we got to the playoffs, we had some success, especially late in the year," said Iguodala, who is in his sixth season with the Sixers.

"We haven't had that same type of success, so you start to wonder what it looks like in the future. Do you want to stay the same or do you want to change? So you never know what the front office might be thinking."

1 person likes this.
  2. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Dang, we were doing so well of consolidating all Sixers trade info into one thread.

C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!!!

2 people like this.
  3. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

wow i guess the sixers were trying to dump brand and dalembert on us instead of iggy?

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Just was going to post the same thing. So looks like the Rockets have entertained that offer. One they are probably considering.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

hurry up mods...merge!

6. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

something that hasnt been addressed. if we get iggy, then what do you do with battier/ariza/budinger? they all 3 need minutes. thats one of the reasons tmac wasnt welcomed

plus,we go with brooks at the 2 with lowry at 1. if we get iggy,that means either battier/ariza/budinger is being shopped.

7. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

What offer? All it says is that we want Iguodala. No specific offer is mentioned. Logic would say Iguodala+Dalembert, but no one really knows.

8. worzel gummidge

people seem to ignore how mcgrady could barely run down the court.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

One obviously goes to the bench. Likely Battier. Ariza's minutes are also then reduced. And all 3 can/will still get minutes. If one does get "screwed", it will be Budinger as he is the rookie. Not saying that's right but prob. what Rick would do. Also, the starting lineup will not be Lowry, Brooks, etc.

Brooks/Lowry
    Iguodala/Taylor
    Ariza/Battier/Budinger
    Scola/Landry/Cook
    Hayes/Andersen/Yao

Fill in the other player(s) that comes with him if this trade were to happen.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ehh you're right, my bad. Didn't mean offer but entertained a McGrady/Iguodala swap.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pl...news.asp?sport=NBA&id=1049&line=128158&spln=1

11. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

To much smoke not to have some fire involved...I'd say Iggy and someone else will be in a Rox uniform by the deadline the only question I'd have would be who else would be involved in the deal whether player or team.

12. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Have you seen Battier play lately? I hate to say this be he has been terrible. Iguodala can play great defense and is a better offensive player than Battier so i think he is the odd man out and will lose a lot of minutes

I think they would shift Ariza to the SF and Iguodala to SG. The would have Buddinger back up Iguodala and Battier come in for Ariza.

1 person likes this.
  13. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

If we get Iggy, Lowry is most likely going out with McGrady. Iggy brings what Lowry brings, just more size and more of it. His game is predicated on getting to the rim. Look at his shot distribution. Look at how many free throws he shoots per minutes played. We already know he is a defender. Iggy brings what Lowry brings, but better, with the size to fit in with the starters and effectively guard the 2/3 slot. Iggy is Kyle Lowry in a bigger body and with a better outside shot.

Ariza and Battier??? My guess is this is Battier's last season with us, or at least his last full season. I fully expect if we trade for Iggy that Battier will be moved during the offseason or by the trade deadline next season. At the very least I expect him to go to the bench. With Iggy and Brooks in the backcourt, Ariza can comfortably settle into the 3rd fiddle role from the perimeter, the role that is suited for him. He can cut and finish and he can spot up for the 3-ball and Adelman can ask him to quit trying to dribble create since that will be Iggy's job. Ariza is going to become much more efficient offensively with Iggy next to him instead of Shane.

McGrady, Lowry, Taylor, Cook, our first rounder, and some cash to Philly for Iggy, Speights, and Dalembert.

Sign Conroy and I'm ready to go to war with that for this season if no other better deal can be had.

1 person likes this.
  14. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Please, just make the damn trade already. The anticipation is killing me!

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not to mention Speights has All-Star written all over him...

16. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Little bit misleading title OP, since you start out with: "More of the same..." :confused:

For the rest, I love it. Iguodala is a monster and if Morey gets it done with a guy like Thaddeus or Speights and maybe even Dalembert: WOOHOOO !!

The return of Calvin and the Rockets are back !!!

Dalembert our Center off the bench next year like Mutombo only more offense and equal blocks
    Young / Speights could be a nice PF / SF replacement if we throw in a Scola / Battier depending on the position.
    Iguodala finally a true SG !!

17. matac3

matac3 Member

Im no expert but I could see DM trading Tmac to Philly for AI and then making another deal trading one of battier/ariza/budinger in some other deal. Possibly for Bosh. I think the Rockets can make a strong attack to get Bosh but to keep him long term would have to be a different story. I know AI and Bosh are good friends; maybe having AI and Yao would have Bosh sign long term?

Just an idea.... possible dream

YAO, AI, BOSH = 2010 Champs

18. R=$

R=$ Member

Incoming Players
    Andre Iguodala
    6-6 SF from Arizona
    17.4 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 5.7 apg in 39.9 minutes
    Samuel Dalembert
    6-11 C from Seton Hall
    7.3 ppg, 9.5 rpg, 1.1 apg in 25.6 minutes
    Jrue Holiday
    6-4 PG from UCLA
    5.4 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 2.7 apg in 17.6 minutes
    Outgoing Players
    Tracy McGrady
    6-8 SG / SF from Mount Zion Christian Academy (HS)
    3.2 ppg, 0.8 rpg, 1.0 apg in 7.6 minutes
    David Andersen
    0-0 from
    5.8 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 0.8 apg in 14.3 minutes
    Joey Dorsey
    6-9 PF from Memphis
    0.0 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 0.0 apg in 2.3 minutes
    Just Do It :grin:

19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

all horribly one-sided trades accepted.

20. RedRowdy111