1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Trading Sengun? Stop me if you've heard me talk about this one. We're talking #Rockets LIVE right now ...

Talking Rockets - LIVE!
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Phil Jackson brings up an interesting point involving the Hornets and trades

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by JusBleezy, Dec 30, 2010.

1. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

Phil Jackson questions, with the NBA now owning the Hornets, who makes the final decision regarding trades. More specifically, involving Chris Paul. If anyone knows how management works now, feel free to comment.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PHIL Criticizes NBA's ownership of Hornets

Lakers coach Phil Jackson says he's "not happy" about the NBA's ownership of the Hornets and is pessimistic about the club's future in New Orleans.

Jackson said the league's takeover of the Hornets raises questions about who has the final say if a star like Chris Paul demands a trade.

Jackson said the NBA will have to find a way to make decisions about major roster moves that won't irritate anyone else in the league.

Jackson also said New Orleans has not shown it can support an NBA team and may lose the Hornets.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://www.pe.com/sports/basketball/lakers/stories/PE_Sports_Local_D_lakers_30.111c78a.html

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

IBTL.

Pay attention at least a little.

3. conquistador#11

"Jackson said the NBA will have to find a way to make decisions about major roster moves that won't irritate anyone else in the league."

Hilarious coming from Phil jaxxson. O' Really?

4. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

I missed the thread from earlier this month. Apologies. Snarkiness unneeded however.

5. TheShooter

TheShooter Member

I knew there were talks about the NBA eventually buying the Hornets but didn't know it was already done.

6. Steve_Francis_rules

Earlier this month? What about the thread from earlier today about these exact quotes by Jackson?

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=198304

7. SunsRocketsfan

also anyone with any common sense thought about this exact issue when the NBa took over the Hornets. I was talking to my friend about that the day it happened. Who has the ultimate say?