1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

People..... the Warriors?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 7, 2000.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I try not to dip into 300-deep posts that have turned to absolute nonsense, but I've heard Warriors fans have migrated over to run their mouths... if that's the case, I wouldn't be disappointed in Warrior fans for coming here and running trash... I would be disappointed in Rockets fans for actually responding as if the two teams are on the same level.

Is this the case? Really? I mean, the Warriors? As in Golden State?

I mean you guys wouldn't be acting as if this team is some star-studded rival that has gotten the better of us, would ya? As if it's some loaded roster full of the likes of Chris Webber, Chris Mullin, Latrell Sprewell, Penny Hardaway, Tim Hardaway, Mitch Richmond, Tom Gugliotta, Tyrone Hill and Chris Gatling and handed the keys to some mastermind like Don Nelson?

I just want to make sure no one is responding as if this opponent is some dynasty or something... you know, the type that is so talented it decides to trade away Vince Carter?

We are talking about the Golden State Warriors, correct? The team that felt Jason Caffey, Danny Fortson and Erick Dampier were worth $121 million, right? The team we were one jumpshot away from sweeping all 4 games from last season? The only team that has developed and nurtured enough talent for other teams to be classified as a Clippers farm club?

Just want to make sure I'm not misunderstanding.

Golden State, right? You sure?

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET

2. himself

himself Member

yes clutch,Golden Girls!!!!!
    lol clutch,we share the same thoughts on this matter.
    I think I am having a bad dream.

------------------

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

who are we talking about?

4. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

I think it's in the wrong forum. I think they're talking about the movie "warriors, come out and play-e-aaayyyy"

Where's Golden State anyway? Don't normal teams tell you where they are?

------------------
    Why don't you guys go down to the gym and pump each other

5. Rocketsauce

Rocketsauce Contributing Member

I have spent the past hour mixing it up with the locals at the GSW board. I starting by antagonizing them but after reading your post Clutch, I have decided that they should be appreciated for being devoted fans. If the Rocks' sucked that bad for that long, I don't know if I'd have the b@lls to stick up for them on someone else's site.

[​IMG]

------------------
    "Stranger things have happened, but none stranger than this" - Commentator after a parachutist landed in the ring of a Holyfield fight

6. RocketExpert

RocketExpert Member

Very nice retort. Where is the Golden State message board?

------------------
    Nice guys finish lunch.

- C. Chase

7. Rocketsauce

Rocketsauce Contributing Member

http://warriors.omix.com/bulletin/

------------------
    "Stranger things have happened, but none stranger than this" - Commentator after a parachutist landed in the ring of a Holyfield fight

8. Swopa

Swopa Contributing Member

Oh, and be sure to post all the Webber/Don Nelson/Vince Carter stuff while you're there. I mean, that's all such news to us. [​IMG]

------------------

[This message has been edited by Swopa (edited September 07, 2000).]

9. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Heb,

think it's like a golden shower, only a place.....somewhere

------------------
    Discombobulation Imminent

10. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Clutch,

The Warriors are turning the ship around. Hiring Dave Cowens was a great move. I'm not saying they are as good as the Rockets, but they are on the right track.( Geez, I sound like a freakin Warrior fan [​IMG])

Also, you should be proud that this site has such a reputation that other teams fans come here to post. Just proves that this is the BEST NBA fan site on the net period.

p.s. Whatever happened to sir scarvajal?

------------------
    In order to be a success in life, you need 2 things:
    1. Don't tell everything you know.

11. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

Antonio Banderas-- The 13th Warrior.........

------------------
    Time is a great teacher-- only problem is it kills all its pupils.
    www.FlashAdvantage.com

12. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Actually Antonio Banderas would be good enough to start for the Warriors. So that would make him like the 3rd or 4th Warrior.

------------------
    Fun Police Says:

1. Stupid threads are not FUN!
    2. Spelling, grammar, punctuation and sentence structure are not FUN!
    3. Stupid BBS names are not FUN!
    4. Conduct yourself in a FUN way!

The Fun Police are Watching.
    Vote for the Rockets & Have FUN or be Assimilated.

13. LarryHughes

LarryHughes New Member

Clutch...made props to the website... unfortunately i can see that you are no different than any of the other posters on this site since you can't see anything past your beloved rockets. we came here to dispute a silly trade rumor that anyone with any reasonable basketball sense could see was pure BS. Golden State has never claimed to be superior to the heavanly Rockets. Yet we are unable to have any type of discussion because since our team sucks, we know nothing. Right now your team is probably superior to the Warriors... but the Rockets couldn't even make the freakin playoffs so I dont understand where this arrogant attitude comes from.

------------------

14. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

You're Hilarious!!! HEE!HEE!HEE!

------------------
    Rudy T. will find and fulfill Rockets destiny.

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

LarryWho's

finally got something right...

Clutch is like all the other posters.

As the legal disclaimer at the bottom of the page that he wrote...we are the "most rabid of Rockets fans"...

What is Clutch an unbiased reporter worried about ratings or something? you just don't get it.

Welcome to the land of 50,000 hits/day often fueled by coprolitic dribblings like yours Larry.

[This message has been edited by heypartner (edited September 07, 2000).]

16. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

cop·ro·lite-Fossilized excrement.

------------------
    In order to be a success in life, you need 2 things:
    1. Don't tell everything you know.

17. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Thanks Bob, I was about to look that up.
    Also, from Roget's Thesaurus: sewage, sewerage; muck; coprolite; guano, manure, compost...."
    ------------------
    Save our children from the TAAS test:
    TAAS test report card
    TAAS test fact sheet

Dog lover here....cats beware.

[This message has been edited by Behad (edited September 07, 2000).]

18. 3pointer

3pointer Member

I don't know if you know this but some of you "warrior" fans have crossed the line... I'll put it to you this way, for the most part anyone here would be up for a nice discussion concerning just about anything regarding our respective teams, not a heated argument but an intelligent, well thought out different point of views but when the trash starts coming out then we won't put up with that stupidity, after all, you guys would not like it if we did the same in your msg board would you? Of course not!

Having an intelligent discussion is one thing, talking trash is another.

------------------
    Life moves pretty fast, If you don't stop and look once in a while you might miss it!! ... Ferris Bueler

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Uh Clutch...

You forgot to mention that they also drafted Joe Smith over Antonio McDyess...

------------------

20. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Larry, you came here not just disputing the rumor but insulting those on the board and thrashing the Rockets. Or did you forget such comments as "you couldn't even make the playoffs" and "i am amazed at the level of stupidity that exists on this board".

I wouldn't argue with you for trying to refute the validity of the rumor (not one bit in fact), but when you come mocking our team as a Warriors fan, well Larry, you opened yourself up to a world of criticism.

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET