1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Penny Hardaway

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YaoMing#1, Nov 23, 2003.

1. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Good article about penny.http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=smith_sam&id=1666630

I really think we should try and make a deal for Penny Hardaway, he was a great player who could really find the open man. I know he has not really done much this year but the article about him on espn.com really caught my attention, i think bringing him into play point and pushing steve to the 2 guard spot would really help this team. Penny in a tall fairly athletic pg that could d-up the taller 2 guards of the league. maybe trade Cat, Cato and cap filler for him i mean a line up this would make this team really scary to play.

Pg-Penny Harday
    Sg-Francis
    Sf-jj
    Pf-Mo Tay
    C-ming

i really think thats a good blend of vets. and young players that could lead us deep into the playoffs.

2. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Won't happen for two reasons.

1) Penny has two years @ $30m remaining on his contract.

2) Van Gundy is building a defensive oriented team and is not going to give up two good defenders for someone with injury diminished mobility.

3. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

4. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Why would the Rockets want to help the Suns out? You're suggesting trading two starters for a bench player on a sub-500 team? If that were Penny of ten years ago, sure. But come on...

That would be one of the worst trades of all time.