1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pelicans looking to trade Gordan and/or Evans

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Firebomb525, Jan 19, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Codman in the "McHale looking to acquire Dunleavy" thread seemed to indicate we were after Eric Gordon (and maybe Jason Smith), and that Clutch and Doc Rocket probably knew more than he did, but someone must have told him to shut the "f" up, because he disappeared after that.

Doc Rocket did indicate last season our interest in Eric Gordon.

An expensive pickup, and I don't know how we'd do it or if the let's-shoot-3's-and-play-no-D is the way to continue. (shrug)

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Would take Gordon, but not Evans

4. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Its not blowing it up, its reasonably shedding some excess to retool. Its well enough known that Eric Gordon has been trade bait for a while, just who really wants him at that salary and lack of production

5. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

The thing with Gordon is we know the Rockets were interested, but that was before they got James Harden.

I had a conversation about Gordon last night -- just random speculation type stuff -- and the thing it comes down to is this: Can Harden and Gordon run together for significant minutes? I'm not so sure. And to take on a max contract, you need to pretty sure.

6. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Doc Rocket haven't been right since Van Gundy left. I wouldn't take gordon and his max with his injuries. Now Ben Gordon in his last year,proven playoff performer,clutch player,I can see that.

1 person likes this.
  7. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I'd take Gordon as long as we were adding another significant piece like Rondo for instance.

8. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Off subject but can somebody give me a link to watch the pats game online for free please

9. awc713

awc713 Member

As an IU fan, I'd love to add Gordon. But he'll probably be too expensive as far as the relative worth he'd add to this team. We already have the best SG in the league. Shouldnt we shore up other positions first?

I'd like to see us go after an above average wing player...a la Deng, before we dedicate max money for what will be a 6th man

10. vator

vator Contributing Member

We definitely need another wing, but these guys both come with question marks as big as their contracts.

11. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

They would score 40 pts a game and give up 30-50. If we think our defense is frustrating now, this would only make it worse.

I used to be under the impression a great 3 pt shooter with Harden would be ideal, now I think a really good defender is much more valuable. Harden is super + on offense already, we can have a - offensive player who can play really good defense, as most teams have either a good PG OR SG, not both and the defender can guard that player.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

My first reaction to the thread was Gordon is the guy they really want to dump. But after looking at Reke's contract and the fact it has one extra year, I dunno. Both guys are massively overpaid.

Eric Gordon is one of the most overrated players in the NBA IMO. This season, he's stroking the 3 ball like never before but that doesn't make up for being one-dimensional. He doesn't create for teammates, rebound or defend. This is his 6th year in the league and I doubt he gets much better.

Eric Gordon and Harden can't be on the same team because you don't pay a guy $15 million/year to be an off-the-ball jump-shooter.

13. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

The Rockets need shooters around Harden to space the floor in order to give Harden room to operate. The shooter doesn't need to be a dynamic scorer -- he can be a "3-and-D" guy (which is what they're hoping Beverley can be effective at) -- though they'd rather the guy be more versatile.

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Admittedly, I always forget that Gordon is actually a max-contract guy, so yes, I probably retract my statement and wouldn't like to have him. He's definitely overpaid, but I do like his game. If his contract was more reasonable I would like to have him, but not at the contract he currently has.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I like Gordon's game but you only do this if you think...

A.) He can remain healthy...
    B.) He can play alongside Harden for a lot of minutes...
    C.) You think he's going to be your third superstar.

I would rather hold off on Gordon. Soon Kevin Love will be demanding a trade.

16. Sherlock31

Sherlock31 Member

Too many injury, too much money, not a good deal.

17. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

A Gordon/Harden backcourt sounds tempting.

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

A small ball line up with Harden playing the 3? That would be nice, but i just have a bad feeling about adding Gordon with that contract.

19. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

I'd take Tyreke as a PG.

That's where he excels.

20. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Looking at Gordon's stats, it's obvious Harden let him exploded for the game against us. Talking about believing what you see...

If you follow Doc Rocket thorough enough, he's been right in quite some instances in last few years...He just twittered too often and you know what happens when an efficient shooter became a volume shooter.