1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[PC Gaming] Elder Scrolls MMO?? Trailer and beta signup

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by vinsensual, Jan 23, 2013.

1. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

The Elder Scrolls Online, anyone else hear about this?

Cinematic trailer
    <object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0jNT5cMwxw0?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0jNT5cMwxw0?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Beta signup here:
    http://signup.elderscrollsonline.com/

2. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Was announced and revealed a while back. Various bits of details out there.

Not particularly interested in it personally (MMO, not main Bethesda team, etc.). But if you like MMOs and Elder Scrolls, should be interesting.

3. Raven

Raven Member

Looks like another generic fantasy MMO, probably free to play, which is the last thing the industry needs.

4. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

I can't play MMOs anymore... damn real life. I can't half-ass a competitive game, so I spend far too many hours turning in to a neck beard trying to be the best or having the best gear. MMOs and me don't play well together.

5. Salvy

Salvy Member

Jus signed up and in the part where they ask why you should be selected I put... Cuz I'm a G..... Nuff Said.....

6. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

That's disappointing, I guess I was still too far in Skyrim to hear about it. Cleaning out some stuff, I found the map of Tamriel included with Morrowind and got a lil nostalgic about cliff racers.

Last thing why? I think that what's expected from free to play systems still aren't standardized. Even if it ends up a homogenized replica of its predecessors, if it gets the free to play right, it could prosper. I was severely disappointed with how SWTOR made their switch, and hopefully the other games learn a lesson from it.

7. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

Here hoping the nextbox will get this...

8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

9. bongo33

bongo33 Member

10. lean

lean Member

OH GOD YES

1 person likes this.
  11. Dei

Dei Member

If that trailer's suggestive of the gameplay, it looks like a 1st or 3rd person DOTA, which would be great.

12. Dei

Dei Member

Korean? It felt Korean.

13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

The lead game designer, Matt Firor, is responsible for the best PvP MMO ever made, Dark Age of Camelot, which like this Elder Scrolls MMO had 3 faction Realm vs. Realm combat

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RHb2eKl-rog#t=0m58s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

While I've never really been big on MMO's, I love the Elder Scrolls games. Might check it out if it gets good reviews.

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

MMOs suck.
    Will not be getting this.

16. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

MMO games are terrible IMO. Until the technology can get some amazing graphics and smooth animations to play online is when I will start playing MMO or MMORPG. I find it's cheapen the experience of the game play when seeing a swarm of over 10 characters with bad graphics, animations, bad collisions and intersecting geometries beating down on a boss or the bad guys.

17. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Didn't know that a Camelot guy was on board, but when I saw that TES would be a 3 sided war, my mind immediately went to that game. Awesome.

18. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It depends on what the computer specs are, and if I can lie to myself enough to convince me that I'll have enough time to play the game.

The new cloud service from the other thread might be able to help not worry about the computer specs.

19. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Only good MMO in the last 10 years was the first incarnation of Star Wars Galaxies. Player cities, no level system, custom skill trees, open world pvp, switching factions, guild wars etc. despite its buggy problems, it remains far superior to any other MMO. Constant raiding shouldn't be an MMO's end game. It should be PvP. Also not instanced PvP, which sucks balls. I'm talking open world, spontaneous PvP.

No other MMO had come close (and I've played every major one)

20. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Did you play DAOC?

It and Planetside are the only 3 faction RvR MMOs I can think of.