1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

[PC Culture] Conservative author banned from Depaul University

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Aug 1, 2016.

1. jsingles

jsingles Member

DePaul is a private university.

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Hmm... :grin:

Shapiro believes the Trump movement and its online supporters reflect a corrupted, harmful ideology — “a mash-up of nationalism without constitutionalism, vileness masquerading as political incorrectness, and frustration at the status quo misdirected to support a corrupt insider,” all of it “channeled into a frightening cult of personality” with Trump at its center.

“I’m hoping against hope that people will see the intellectual incoherence and childishness of the alt-right and ardent Trump support base — I feel obligated to attempt to at least make the argument,” he said. But he realizes that debating with someone who calls Trump “Daddy” and is cheered by his adoring fans for doing so is partially, by the inherent nature of the exercise, a lost cause — however the debate goes down, in other words, Breitbart is still gonna Breitbart

3. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

I don't agree with him but you don't see me try to censor him.

4. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

I think this was in reference of debating Milo who by the way was recently banned by twitter for being conservative.

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Then let him speak at your house. Freedom and all.

6. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Are the roads leading to university also private too or were they paid by taxpayers?

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

What the hell

You do realize that you're implying everything that has roads leading to it is public, right?

8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

This is a very Putin-ish idea.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Who cares about RuPaul University?

10. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Are cops and fireman also paid by taxpayers? Who does DePual call in emergency? Do they have their own private Police and fire department?

11. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

I was going to respond to this but honestly, what's the point. If you can't comprehend the lunacy of this argument then there's really nothing to discuss.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

There's no such thing as private property comrade! It will all belong to mother Russia soon with your help! Вы дебил!

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He was banned for his posts about Leslie Jones - which included calling her a "black dude".

I don't agree with banning people for controversial stances or opinions based on lies. I also don't believe it's good for you to outright lie and make things up either.

You shouldn't be banned, but you should be ignored.

14. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

No bud, he was banned for being conservative because conservatives are an easy target. There are plenty of clebs who have said much worse things then Milo but they were not suspended or banned.

15. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

You're losing your mind lmao.

I'm gonna show up at your house and give a speech! If you tell me to leave, I'll just use the same arguments you've been using.

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

So this is glynch's other username I see.

17. jsingles

jsingles Member

You should seek medical help immediately. Your brain appears to be borderline severely r****ded, you are not healthy. Please, pick up the phone and get help. If you're not capable of this, find an adult and explain to them you need a doctor. Bless you.

18. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

It was mainly because he directed his followers to her account which resulted in them trolling and attacking her. Reddit and 4chan have similar rules that seek to eliminate such behaviour. Nothing "liberal" about it

19. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

So was Bob Jones. This isn't great on either "side."