1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Parsons runs his mouth right out of Houston....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by perfectweapons, May 3, 2014.

1. perfectweapons

He turned out to be a a great 2nd round pick. That being said there is no way we should pay him anywhere close to the money he will want. There is also no way Parsons and Harden should be on the floor together defensively.

2. joesr

joesr Member

Never understood how one player can be committed to death for the last play because it lost the game. No, every player could have done something more and something less to help the team. But because it was the last play it trumps everything. No, sorry, everything is combined for the total L.

3. perfectweapons

That's true, but he has run his mouth all series. Parsons said he was the best Small Forward while Batum wore him out so bad he couldn't score in the 4th quarter. Then he said we deserved to advance because we were a better team? We sure haven't played like the better team? He got the game winning 3 in his face. You are right, but right now I don't care.

4. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

made me laugh, thank you

5. ross84

ross84 Member

Actually if he missed the layup that ironically would have lead to an OT. So no he lost the game for us by making that layup. :)

6. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

lol this is kind of correct

7. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

On the replay, Parsons was clearly a step behind. But i don't care about that...what I don't get it is why the fck did you not front Lilliard and set yourself between the ball and him and watch his body language. Isn't that the best way to defend the ball? Why the fck you NOT only STAY behind his ass but allow him a clear run away to receive the fcking ball? You're fcking idiot.

8. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

And it wasn't even a screen. Parsons you screwed up.

9. ross84

ross84 Member

I don't think so man. Lillard is one fast dude.

10. FANfrom86toNow

^THIS^

11. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

There are 4 things that the Rockets screwed up for the last play:
    1. Parsons stay behind his man and not fronting him giving the fact that the ball was from other side of the court. It's a pretty obvious thing to do.
    2. Parsons allow his man a FREE RUN to receive the fcking ball...oh that hurt...wtf...oh and to add insult to injury, he wasn't even being screened.
    3. Beverley should be the one guarding Lilliard, not Parson. He wasn't as quick as Beverley.
    4. Could have used Jones as another body to defend Lilliard.

12. herro

herro Member

good thing we didn't pick up Rondo

13. eman

eman Member

I think Harden's poor play most of the series was our biggest problem.

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

really disappointed with his leadership, defense, perimeter shooting, and ability to convert layups in this series. i'm not so sure he's the longterm answer for us at SF anymore.

15. Pukimonster

Pukimonster Member

You don't want Parsons, send him to the Lakers, we'll take him

You can have half our squad in return, including all the D-Fenders call ups

16. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

One is a role player. One is the 2nd best player in the nba. Good comparison.:eek:

17. ttdestroyer

ttdestroyer Member

http://gfycat.com/WhoppingCostlyChimpanzee

18. sun12

sun12 Member

Defense can't hold lead. I mentioned this numerous times. It is a persistent phenomenon, so it has to be systematic, not random. Two people you can blame:

1. Morey, who did not give McHale the personnel to defend.
    2. McHale, who did not design the defensive scheme to defend.

19. knowidea

knowidea Member

Parsons is overrated. I like the kid though. But he wouldn't have the ppg avg he does if McHale didn't always keep him in the end of games when he wasn't needed. He's fun to watch at times, and had a few streaks a couple of times, but he's nothing out of this world. Depending on what he wants, contract wise, I'd be fine letting him go.

20. knowidea

knowidea Member

did you watch the play?? Lillard's body language was looking like he wasn't getting the ball. Parson's fell for it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuhXX-rtQTI&list=UUSpvjDk06HLxBaw8sZw7SkA#