1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Our trade assets ranked by value sans H&H

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Jan 3, 2016.

1. basketballholic

1. 2016 first round pick - we owe this pick to Denver if it falls out of the lottery. We can still trade it if it falls in the lottery since we would simply owe Denver a second rounder in that case. You could set up a trade giving a team that pick if in the lottery or our 2018 first rounder unprotected. This asset would have similar value to the Nets pick. And is an asset we could use to possibly acquire a very good up-and-coming two-way player. Targets: DeMarcus, Smart, Oladipo, others (with other assets of course).

2. 2018 first round pick unprotected.

3. Capela

4. DMO

5. Ariza

6-9. Bev, McDaniels, Sam, Knicks second rounder

10-11. Thornton and Lawson

12. Terrence

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

13. Harden

3. omgTHEpotential

Those assets aren't terrible.

4. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

I don't care who you pick up, Brewer & TJ absolutely need to be moved for the sake of the team. Their defensive fundamentals are a joke, and they are severely limited offensively.

Moving Brew & TJ would give KJ/Thornton & DMo/Montrezl more minutes, which we desperately need. JB is apparently too dumb to see that these guys are weighing us down.

Ultimately I expect a deal with the Pelicans. They have a few assets that Houston could use.

5. conquistador#11

so terrence isn't going to demand the max? =) or should i say =(

6. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

13. Adelle tickets
    14. Brewer

1 person likes this.
  7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Sam Dekker has zero trade value.

He is an absolute bust like I called as soon as we drafted this scrub on draft night. His trade value is worse than TJ

8. dmoneybangbang

I'd put Capela at our number one asset.

9. omgTHEpotential

Dude has played 6 minutes in the NBA. Calm down.

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Our asset ranking according to.... Basketballhollic/Jopat....

Who died and made his opinion official?

It's all subjective based on the buyers INDIVIDUAL needs. As a list of trade able assets sure this works as a list. As a ranking it's completely subjective.

Morey is going to make trades based on what each individual team wants and he will abstract as much back as possible. It's not a meat market with a wholesale sign and ascending price per asset listed on the marquee. If there is no need for the players, or picks, he won't be selling. There is no reason for Morey to make trades just to make them. It doesn't matter how long this site has been running, some folks will never grasp the concept of how NBA and pro sports trades are made.

11. FTW Rockets FTW

And how many minutes did you need Royce White to play before you realized he was a bust?

Same thing - some people have scrub written all around them even before the draft for different reasons

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Jesus H. Christ, jopat, what is it with you and Terrence Jones?

I mean, it's beyond sad by now. Just absolutely the worst.

And then if I defend him and say he isn't the last-guy-picked-on-a-YMCA-pickup-team, you'll think I believe he's awesome. No, not awesome, but a solid 24 mpg backup 4 if your first 4 can slide to the 5.

Our least valuable asset? Smh at you sometimes.

13. FTW Rockets FTW

Let me do my ranking.

1. Harden
    2. Howard
    3. Capela
    4. 2018 first round pick unprotected
    5. DMo
    6. Ariza
    7. Bev
    8. Lawson
    9. Jones
    10. Brewer
    11. KJ mcD
    12. Thornton
    13. Harrell
    14. Knicks 2nd rounder
    15. JET
    16. Sam scrubby Dekker

14. omgTHEpotential

Why are you hating on the guy? He's not a diva like Royce. He's injured.

15. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I think that's giving him too much credit. I don't think Jones can even be a rotation player on a good team. That's more of an assessment I would give to D-mo.

Jones is a bad basketball player. Solid athlete, good handles for a guy his size, but the basketball IQ of a peanut.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I guess no chance Lull comes over for another team at any point then?

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Except the fact that he's proven for several seasons that he can contribute on a good basketball team. The problem is he's on a bad basketball team now that would make any rotation player look bad.

Bad basketball player.... Hah okay. You people are going to spit out whatever opinions you want but you are wrong whether you guys will admit it or not. All the data proves he's a decent basketball player. Whether or not he's "the answer" for this team or not is another debate. Him nor any other role player obviously can wear that crown. This team makes everyone look like crap.

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Hey, at least he listed him on the "asset list" unlike Brewer who is just missing.

At least Hollic is sane enough to understand Jones has more value then Brewer, right?

19. Ns575

Ns575 Member

Last year when we were good he looked like crap.

20. basketballholic

I personally don't see a positive trade value to Brewer. Maybe somebody else can make a case. I put Terrence on the last because he is expiring essentially and another team may like to take a flier on him for a second rounder. Or at the very least his salary could be included to make a trade work.

Don't know how you can say Dekker is a bust FTW. I'm all for figuring out as early as possible what a player is. As you well know I knew after seeing Terrence play alongside Dwight and James early in his second season that he wasn't the answer at the 4. But that was after 2 full training camps and a regular season of watching him. You're calling Dekker a bust after basically no time on court. Dekker hasn't had enough time to even get comfortable. I find it difficult to believe that all teams would view him as a bust and worthless in a trade. I would think Dekker would be worth a high second rounder at worst.

I did forget to put Harrell on the list. He's got some trade value, more than Terrence for sure because he's on basically a rookie deal for 2 more seasons.

#20 basketballholic, Jan 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2016