1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ouch, I thought we didn't want to police the World

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by sammy, Jan 11, 2016.

1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

2. sammy

Fwiw, I'm a big Obama supporter. We've been pulled in many ways. It's hard to keep it all straight.

3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Nobel peace gonna peace

4. sammy

I knew I put this on a silver platter for you when I posted this. Lol.

My main wish was that we would be more hands off but it's been difficult to distance ourselves from what was done in the past. I'm past pointing fingers. If only we could go back and change certain events that have created so many problems in the world.

5. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I'm interested to know what % of total u.s. bombs dropped was on muslim majority countries?

I don't think the us is dropping a significant # of bombs anywhere else right?

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Probably a super high percentage, nearly all of the world's violent conflicts over the last 10 years or so have involved Muslim majority religions on at least one of the sides. It's just how it is.

7. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There is an image at the link.

22,110 in Iraq/Syria
    947 in Afghanisan
    11 in Pakistan
    58 in Yemen
    18 in Somalia
    ----------------
    23,144 total

Also, all the Hellfire missiles fired from Predators/Reapers don't count as bombs.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Looks like solid places to bomb.

9. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

This is because the strategy against ISIS is:

1. Evacuate Dodge
    2. Bomb the crap out of Dodge
    3. Declare victory
    4. Hope to hell you don't get blown up in victory

There's now another:

5. Hope ISIS doesn't attack and take over Baghdad since the Iraq Security Force is stretched thin

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Hey you're preaching to the choir, abandoning Iraq was just stupid as hell.

11. sammy

They're not getting to Baghdad.

12. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Nice of you to draw the 10 year line! lol

So country X has a conflict going on, so you bomb it to fix it? Iraq has never attacked the US.

Here, let me carry this conversation for you:

Bobby: Well, they attacked our assets and they NOW have ISIS.

Mathloom: Right, but you understand that having assets HERE is an act of war, not a normal state of affairs for any country in the world. We are from here. We're supposed to be here. You're not. That's going to cause problems. Like, violent problems.

Bobby: bla bla that's how the world works, we have foreign interests, muslims have been killing each other for a long time so it's ok for us to come steal their **** and bomb them when they don't remain as we want them to.

Mathloom: That's good for you that you believe that, but the point is: first you came here and coming here was always going to cause violent outbreaks against you, regardless of whether they were happening between Muslims. They weren't happening to you. Then you came here. Then people got mad, because they figured out what you were doing here. Then they started with regular warfare. Then they tried ****ing with the oil price. Then they tried petitioning their own government, which then started sending them to jail. Then they just want guerilla warfare on you and their government and anyone who disagrees with them. Btw, most of the people who disagree with them are muslims, that's why they kill muslims.

So you don't get to boast about strategy when talking about dropping most of your bombs here. It's just murder for power, has nothing to do with what muslims are doing to each other. Has nothing to do with democracy or peace. It's just bombing the **** out of countries that disobey the grand larceny taking place in the middle east since Truman, maybe even some time before him.

Essentially, you are like one of those teenagers in that story, telling people here to mind their while you rape their daughter, and then on your conservative news channels you debate about why some crazy Muslims violently try to stop the thief (albeit for poor reasons), rather than just pulling their sleeves up and working hard. Clap clap. Police your own, right?

At the end of the day, you're here. That's the major issue. If we were there, we wouldn't be talking about strategy we execute in staying there, or which state of america it's more or less brilliant to drop bombs on. The conversation on your side would be:

YOU ARE HERE, WHY THE F ARE YOU HERE?

In fact, here's a wonderful example of how you would react in 1/100th of the same situation:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuban_Missile_Crisis

#12 Mathloom, Jan 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

2003 invasion of Iraq was STUPID AS HELL. Fixed for you.

14. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Crikey. Here we go with the naive analogies.

The only people raping daughters are muslims - as is part of their culture. Yes, the US intervened because they wanted to control oil reserves but that doesn't excuse the grave human atrocities muslim majority countries commit on a daily basis... and the pride with which they refuse accountability for it. It's our land, we'll rape who we want!

I get where the US was coming from. Someone had to be the bigger man and give hope to muslims doing what they have done during their entire 13 centuries as an established religion - killing each other, committing incest, rape and refusing to progress past a caveman mentality. It sure wasn't going to be the moderates living cushy lives in the West.

It's like getting an underage kid off heroin, the intervention process can get violent. Of course, I believe total and complete alienation of the muslim world is always the best option, but my income isn't tied to the corporate interests that have controlled OBama from day 1. And I've got a hot bod.

Until the unattractive, obese execs at Halliburton, the Big 4 and Big Oil accept this, strings will be dangled.

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

[​IMG]

16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

17. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

This coming from someone who is an absolute expert on naivete.

Wait, are you seriously of the opinion that Muslims are the only ones raping people? You don't know about all the Christian rapists we have in jail and prison in this country?

In addition, you're claiming that rape is a part of the Muslim culture?

You need to learn some actual facts before spouting off again.

I'd love to see something from an official in a Muslim majority country saying anything even remotely like "it's our land, we'll rape who we want!"

You think that random bombs from the sky is giving hope to Muslims? That could be the most twisted worldview I've ever encountered, which is saying something since you're on the same BBS as bigpuffery.

Alienation or isolation? I'd be perfectly OK with withdrawing to our borders and letting our national defense defend us here. I seriously doubt, given our intelligence apparatus, that terrorists are going to be able to do much more than a San Bernadino type event and we already have mass shootings here pretty regularly.

Anyone who makes statements like this on an internet BBS, doesn't.

Yes, we need to disentangle our government from big businesses in the worst way. Why do you support a party which is even more tied to big money interests than the other major party in the country?

18. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Got to topple the real problem over there - governments that oppress their people....and then do what we did in WW2, establish order and let them build their foundation up and turn over control in time.

We don't have the stomach for doing that, as a country - so we do half measures and make it worse.

DD

#19 DaDakota, Jan 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

But . . .But.. . .But. . . . . they hate us for our freedom, amirite?

Rocket River