1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Other Fans Showing Love To Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Ron from the G, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Ron from the G

Ron from the G Contributing Member

A friend pointed out to me that the Colts fan board is giving some props to the Texans.

http://forum.colts.com/showthread.php?t=40749

Some notable mentions:

2. Arash713

Arash713 Member

is the schedule out already

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Actual schedule isn't out, yet, but the list of opponents is...

2009 List of Opponents

4. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

14 of the games have literally been out since 2002.

5. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Schaub is healthy cause it's the off-season. Wait til the season starts. Boom!

6. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

One of the best young defenses in the league? How did they come to that conclusion. MW and Demeco are pro bowlers and Antonio Smith and Dunta are solid starters, but the rest of the group ain't anything to write home about.

Just within the front 7, we could potentially stand to upgrade both DT spots and 2/3 LB spots. And then you have the secondary, which I'd say only Dunta is a certainty to be a starter on another team. I do like the young options at CB: Bennett and Moldin but they are very unproven. Our safeties do and have always sucked. Apologies to Eugene Wilson but he's not that good.

Maybe they meant best young offense in the league?

7. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

You forgot the "Roasted" after the "Boom!" :D

8. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

one thing about a defense. A better pass-rush will solve most of those problems. We're not that far away defensively.

9. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

I do see some truth to that.

Also see Omobi getting better this year. We have more options in the draft now to maybe go after a LB. Lets not forget either that we have a new DC. I'm curious to see how much our D changes based on that alone.

I would agree that we have a solid foundation to a strong D in the future. If the offense keeps going and the D comes around.......whew. We could be something special.

Optimism is warranted. I feel the team is being put together the right way with a solid core. Its not as if we're putting a bunch of retreads on the field.

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

man, i'm excited about 2009 for the texans!!!!

11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Isn't it kind of hard to predict schedules for the NFL? Granted, if forced to bet, I'd say the Rams, Raiders, Bengals and Seahawks will all be on the wrong side of .500 again next year, but Miami was supposed to be an easy win last year, too.

12. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I don't think its any secret that the Texans are on their way up. Our offense is already very potent with Schaub/AJ/Daniels/Slaton, better redzone efficiency is much needed.

As far as the defense, I think we'll be much better just by addition by subtraction (Smith). Mario and Smith should be a nice tandem and hopefully Okoye will have a break-out year. I would still like to add another DT though. The LB core is a mixed bag IMO, Diles and Adibi were pretty good last season but an upgrade would be nice. I also think having a healthy Dunta will be a huge addition to the secondary, Eugene Wilson was a nice suprise last season and the coaches are supposedly very high on Barber.

Either way, I don't see the Titans having the same type of season like last year and the Colts seem to be somewhat on the decline. I definitely see us making a very strong playoff push this season.

13. Summer Song Giver

It's Molden and Amobi, sorry just irks me when our own fans misspell he players names.

14. dtowninyourtown

dtowninyourtown Contributing Member

im surprised so many are predicting us to go 10-6. Although after I saw the list of our opponents, I am also thinking we should win 10. 9 at the least

15. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Sorry couldn't resist. :D

16. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

Lol good one

17. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I seem to guess high every year (last year, I think I guessed 9 wins), but this year, I can honestly see us winning 10 to 11 games, depending on how the draft pans out...

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

If we're depending on rookies to get us over the hump... we ain't gettin over it

19. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

I don't understand. Are you trying to make it "your thing"? Are you that desperate to be recognized on the board?

Or are you just paying homage to "Boom goes the dynamite" guy?

20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I guess that's not really how I meant that. Depending on how much better the draft, free agency, and trades make us and more importantly, the teams we play...