1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Orlando's Answer, R. Strickland?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shawn786, Dec 18, 2003.

1. shawn786

shawn786 Member

The Magic beat the #1 Pacers yesterday & it had alot to do with their pick up of PG Rod Strickland. Its about damn time that Lue didnt get any time (i think he's injured) & Rod did. In 37 min of play he had 13 points, 8 assists, & 5 rebounds. If i was the Magic coach there's no way i would let Rod waste away on the bench any more, give him the starting spot and let Lue back him up. Lue just isnt good enough to start but Rod has been there & done that, he knows what it takes, IMO of course.

2. Absolut_RoxFan

Now imagine Strickland or T.J. Ford right where Moochie is. Looks good, huh?

3. PhiSlammaJamma

Strickland is good when he isn't high. He's even good when he is. But he's still a weed boy.

4. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Weed boi or not he is a big upgrade from Lue, DAMN i soooooo wish the Rox signed him. I didnt menchine it in my first post becuase i knew som1 else would..

5. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Member

Lue is injured right now. That is why R S started.

6. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Rod does it again, they beat Golden State last night he had 33min 11 points 12 assists 2 rebounds & NO turn overs!

7. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Member

lue is really overrated he really didnt do too much on the lakers that year and isnt a point guard at all

8. x_trepidation_x

Are you guys crazy? Don't ever underestimate Tyrone Lue. He give you quality minutes.

However, Lue shouldn't really be considered a starting point guard for a couple of reasons. First, he is pretty short. Second, he is not all that great of a passer.

What Lue is good at is, being a hustle player who can play defense and make the open shot. I would trade Mooch for Lue any day of the week.