1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

OOTP F... err, Screw-Up Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Zac D, Aug 19, 2002.

1. Zac D

Zac D Member

So, the restored sim is up at http://users2.ev1.net/~chkemp/ootp/temp/league.htm (Castor, I'll delete this folder as soon as everybody's given me corrections). What you do is, you look at your team, and any mistakes i made THAT ACTUALLY MATTER ( :) ) you can post in this thread and I'll be happy to correct them for you. I am not concerned about the levels that players find themselves at - for example, if Chipper Jones is in AA, don't tell me about that, because I can just use the lineup thread for that. All I care about is that your players are on your team with their correct talent.

2. The Cat

The Cat Member

A lot of changes... most bad for me since trades aren't completely filled, but in the spirit of honesty here they are. ;)

To Red Sox (from Twins): Luis Terrero, Luis Gonzalez

To Rockies (from Twins): Dan Denham, Luis Garcia, Tino Martinez, Joel Piniero, Denny Hocking, Ruben Hester

To Twins (from Rockies): Dennys Reyes, William Knight, Luciano Arango

To Twins (from Cardinals): C. Munos

Also, Enrique Wilson was on my team (the trade must have been from last season), but he isn't on there now. I then traded him to Oakland for Jason Gribowski.

Juan Rincon is with Toronto, I think. Also, it seems like I traded Cory Bailey, but I'm not sure who to. It's not in the season 3 thread and I can't find the other.

3. The Cat

The Cat Member

Also, Isaac Mundy went from AAG to GAB. He needs to be changed back. :(

4. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Quite a few for me:

2B Lewis Moores was traded to Boston
    SS Bronson Sardinha was released and later signed with Tampa Bay in FA for like a minimum contract
    M Motes is Fair in hits (which was right) but brilliant in home runs, not good
    Mark Johnson, back-up C, is still with St. Louis instead of with Arizona
    Greg Colbrunn, back-up 1B/3B, is ??? instead of with Arizona (his ratings are the same as Bobby Kielty - all Fairs)
    Wes Helms is now Fair in Homers and not good:(
    Octavio Dotel is with the Brewers now as is Rene Miniel
    Nickolas Neugebauer is still with Milwaukee instead of with Arizona
    Robert Person was traded to St. Louis
    Hasegawa is now Fair in hits and Poor in Ks:(
    Brian Anderson was released and later signed by some computer team like Baltimore (??) for like a minimum contract
    Dennis Markham, P was traded to St. Louis
    Chance Capel, P is still with St. Louis instead of with Arizona
    Brian Wolfe, P is still with Minnesota instead of with Arizona

That is all for me.:eek:

5. Manny Ramirez

Oh, and I just noticed that Pedro Martinez is nowhere to be found. He sure ain't with the Padres. I thought about not saying anything, but I didn't want us to have to cancel the first 2 weeks because of it.

I saw that Colbrunn retired....is there any way to undo that?? I sorta need him to back-up at 1B & 3B(Helms backs-up in the OF).

6. ChucklesG

ChucklesG Member

Reds F...er Screw Ups :-D

Antonio Palomo should be an AGGF, not an AAGF
    Brandon Larson should be a GAA, not an AAF
    Ben Howard should be on my team (GFAG, I got him in the Deleon trade)
    Thomas Kazuo(AGGB) should be on my team
    Scott Hairston should be a GGB, not an AAG ;-)

Other than that, my team is correct.

#6 ChucklesG, Aug 19, 2002
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2002
  7. devestata

devestata Member

See I told ya about Larson Charlie!;)

Anyway, these are changes that must be made for Florida:

Kyle Lohse is a GAGG when he should be a GFGG. And he should also be on Pittsburgh!

Ben Howard should be on Cincinnati.

Josh Karp is GGAG when he should be GAAA.

Taylor Buchholz is GAAF when he should be AFFA.

C. Ferrera wasn't on my team before. I don't know who he is and what team he was on. He isn't mine.

That's all for me.

Oh yeah, I had a trade with Leebigez and Pued but I'm not gonna say until I get them worked out, because some of the players are missing.

#7 devestata, Aug 19, 2002
  8. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Member
    Supporting Member

The only major difference that I can see at this point is my draft. All the players I took in the last amateur draft are different. I assume this is because they are generated differently and nothing can be done about that. This is fine with me. Otherwise, it all looks great, Zac. Great job, and may it be the last time this job ever needs doing.

9. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

Milwaukee mistake...hmmm that would be a good name for my team. :)

J. Gold SP is GGGG he should be GBGG

Maybe more, but I don't care. :)

10. IVFL

IVFL Member

I am pretty sure that Brian Lawrence is AAAA and not AAFF but he could be AAAF I cant really remeber. BUT I am pretty sure he was AAAA.

Also if you could get Pedor back on my team that would be great thanks.

other than that I think its right, although I didnt have my players ratings memorized or anything

11. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Only a couple of problems. I am not worried about adjusting some of those PFPP MR's.
    1) Shane Reynolds is MIA
    2) C Duncan is AGA
    3)Garnica is PAA
    The one thing we can't fix is the actual ratings development because we don't know those numbers :(. I know Restovich and Mantei both dropped because of wher ethey are on the 2 lists but on the positive Redding and Rosario moved up.

CK

12. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

Fake draft 1st and 2nds. Are we keeping them?

13. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Member

Oakland corrections-

Mike Fhryie, Mike Holtz, Frank Reel, Dave Veres to SD

Adam Piatt, Juan Rivera, and Jason Hart wherever he is-to Boston-for manny ramirez

Then, lastly, Jason Grabowski to Minnesota for Enrique Wilson

#13 DVauthrin, Aug 19, 2002
  14. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

J. Karp 24 SP Good Average Average Average C

increased to

J. Karp 24 SP Good Good Average Good C

K. Lohse 25 SP Good Fair Good Good D

increased to

K. Lohse 25 SP Good Average Good Good D

He threatened not to tell.

15. devestata

devestata Member

I told, NYK. I had to figure who was what ratings. I wish you'd just mind you own business sometimes, please.

16. Zac D

Zac D Member

All the fake first round picks have been released and deleted.

Manny - did you notice the common thread in all my errors on your team? All those dudes suck. :) I'll get it for you... the Milwaukee stuff didn't happen because I didn't put recent trades through.

Chuck, don't mess with my mind like that, I was about to make Hairston a superstar before I realized....

IVFL - that's why these ratings are up at the temporary site, so you don't have to have your players' ratings memorized. :) I'll check on Lawrence. Since Pedro was an FA he's probably on Baltimore or some such scrub team; you'll have him as of the next update.

17. Manny Ramirez

Oh, Zac, I just realized something.

I had traded my 1st round pick to devestata to complete a trade from last season, and he traded me his 2nd round pick to complete another trade.

Before the crash, I had drafted this great closer named Johnson and he drafted a pitcher named Balas in the 2nd round.

Somehow, Johnson "survived" but Balas did not. It would not be fair for me to keep Johnson, but I don't think it would be fair for devestata to have him when Balas has been deleted.

Therefore, could you delete Johnson?? Deve gets Maldonado and I get McLaurin which is how the new draft turned out.

18. Heath

Heath Member

Told Zac about my stuff in chat yesterday. Including the rise of Keech an others, the crime commited against Moseley, the disappearance of Colon and the 1st and 2nd rounder's needed to be deleted (for all). Yeah, thats right, blame me. :p

And also one in division change needing to be done:

True level of Honel (fits nicely in with the rest of Chicago's average talent):
    K. Honel 21 SP Average Average Average Fair B

19. Zac D

Zac D Member

Johnson "survived" because I recreated him. Balas didn't because I only recreated rookies that were good. But since your fake first rounder doesn't exist anymore, I'll just make a Balas clone and give him to you.

20. DrewP

DrewP Member

Year 2004 Recap :

Fan loyalty increases to Good!
    Team market grows to Good!

and B. Mowbray 20 SP Average Average Good Average D isnt on my team... id ont know,maybe hes a rookie?

Nothing else that big besides the financial thing, keep up the good work Zac.